Help!!!! Hornady load data, cant find....

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Help!!!! Hornady load data, cant find....

Postby skinner 2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Awhile back a saw a post of hornady load data. It had Xtp mag and Ftx bullets listed with like 5 or 8 powders.

Can anyone ditect me to these pages? I spend over sn.hour ssearching and cannot find them

Thanks
skinner 2

Re: Help!!!! Hornady load data, cant find....

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:41 am

from the 2018 Hodgdon Annual manual

Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:39 am

The bottom line is, I don't care what powders you already have in your reloading setup. If you're loading the 450b and don't have Lil Gun, get some. Looking at those "lawyer approved" tables, Lil Gun almost always delivers the highest velocity before you hit max recommended pressure. Not that max velocity is the end all goal. Usually you can find an accuracy node, not far from max velocity. That's your particular rig telling you that you have found a good recipe. What your rig likes is the most important factor. Rarely the same from one barrel brand/length/twist/gas system/bore finish to another.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby skinner 2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:21 am

Thanks Al.

Lil Gun is my prefered powder. It also works great in my 22 hornet and .44 rem mag. So far its the only powder I have been using. Liking what I am seeing with it so far.

Im shooting the same upper you are Hoot. If I find something it likes I will let you know. To be honest though if I can get her about an inch or less I may be happy. Im looking minute of deer to max 150 yards but in all honesty 98% of my shots are 30-75:yards.
skinner 2

Return to Reloading for the 450b