What ammunition box do you use for reloads?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: What ammunition box do you use for reloads?

Postby fox400 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:51 am

I have the RS-S-50 and they will work bullet down. Bullet up is not an option unless you want to try and jam them in.

Anyone know of 20 round case that will work. I really don't need to carry 50 extra rounds when I go hunting...and if I do, I think I need to work on my shooting abilities.lol
fox400

Postby Hoot » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:47 am

fox400 wrote:I have the RS-S-50 and they will work bullet down. Bullet up is not an option unless you want to try and jam them in.

Anyone know of 20 round case that will work. I really don't need to carry 50 extra rounds when I go hunting...and if I do, I think I need to work on my shooting abilities.lol

According to MTM's Application Chart, you need the J-20-M,

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby fox400 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:46 am

Hoot wrote:
fox400 wrote:I have the RS-S-50 and they will work bullet down. Bullet up is not an option unless you want to try and jam them in.

Hoot

Thanks Hoot.

Wish they had a model for 20 rounds with a hinge, but I'll be giving the ones you mentioned a try. Probably have to put a rubber band around them to hold them closed in my pack.
fox400

Postby Hoot » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:34 pm

fox400 wrote:
Hoot wrote:

Hoot

Thanks Hoot.

Wish they had a model for 20 rounds with a hinge, but I'll be giving the ones you mentioned a try. Probably have to put a rubber band around them to hold them closed in my pack.

Actually, it can be a chore getting the two halves to slide apart. They fit together pretty snug. I have some with different bottleneck calibers but not the 450b. Each morning befre going out. I load two mags with 5 rounds and put one in a ziploc to keep lint out. If 10 rounds wont get it done, its time to go back to the car. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby fox400 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:29 am

Hoot wrote:
Actually, it can be a chore getting the two halves to slide apart. They fit together pretty snug. I have some with different bottleneck calibers but not the 450b. Each morning befre going out. I load two mags with 5 rounds and put one in a ziploc to keep lint out. If 10 rounds wont get it done, its time to go back to the car. ;)

Hoot

Lol....I totally understand what you're saying. I usually load up two 4 round mags and head out, but on an all day sit, hunting open fields, a few extra rounds in my bag wouldn't hurt my feelings.lol
fox400

Postby bhemry » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:22 am

Well, I finally decided on the RS-S-50. Got 4 boxes and some more brass. I see what you guys meant on the bullet-up position not working. But I was okay with that. Bullet-down is fine. Thanks to all who chimed in.
bhemry

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b