Best single stage reloader

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Best single stage reloader

Postby Rivercityjeff » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:14 pm

Hoot wrote:I saw one of these in action and was really impressed but wow the price tag! You could get 3 Rock Chuckers (on sale), along with shell holders for the cost, mount them side by side and perform 3 operations in a row. If competitive precision shooting was my only pursuit, I'd find the dough for one however. ;)
Hoot

Hoot, you are right, it ain't cheap. Or is it? About the cost of ONE cheap AR upper. :o

However, it is massive, offers quick change with standard dies, and it is extremely accurate. I had to sell my RCBS reloading stuff (Jr., Rock chucker, and ammo master) when the Army moved me overseas. Getting back to reloading, my goal is accuracy. The Co-ax fits the bill.

Try it, you'll like it.
Rivercity Jeff
<><
Round Rock, Donut Capitol of Texas
Rivercityjeff

Postby Prater4586 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:26 pm

Im just looking for a hobby to carry me from the close of hunting season and spring crappie fishing back through hunting season again. We have a bunch of hogs around here so that my main reason for wanting the 450. First time out with the 450 me and a buddy smoked 14 hogs so I'm a believer of the thumper. Also i really like to burn some shells up plinking around so besides the initial investment getting everything acquired. Hopefully i can save a little money.... or at least that's what I'm telling my wife!
Prater4586

Postby Blackedout12v » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:10 pm

Started out with the Hornady lnl classic kit, good starter kit, works good. No complaints. Bought a Lee classic turret press for reloading 450bm and 458 socom, works fine also. Really about any of the big names will work to get started.
Blackedout12v

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:40 pm

Blackedout12v wrote:Started out with the Hornady lnl classic kit, good starter kit, works good. No complaints. Bought a Lee classic turret press for reloading 450bm and 458 socom, works fine also. Really about any of the big names will work to get started.

My first press was a lee classic cast. it is plenty beefy for my loading needs. Then I decided to dabble in swaging my own bullets and found the Rock Chucker a must have. So they set alongside one amother. Resizing and seating are the Rockchucker and crimping is done with the lee classic cast. We waste no part of the animal. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby rb288 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:27 am

When I was getting started I did alot of research into different presses.
I ended up with a Redding T7, because it allows me to do several steps quickly and in order.
It made me focus on the "process" and kept the "flow" moving.
Pretty much, one round, start to finish.
I highly recommend the T7 as a first press due to that "flow".
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
rb288

Postby Prater4586 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:36 pm

Loaded my 1st 450B bullet today with all of yalls help. Going to start messing with different load variations then shoot some paper. Maybe i will find what works best. Hornady black shoots pretty good. Me and a buddy smoked 14 hogs a couple weeks ago. So far im liking the 450.
Prater4586

Postby Bmt85 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:03 am

Dang, 14 hog’s?! I’m in Michigan, and we don’t really have hogs (we have some further north), which I’m glad we don’t have that problem, but sometimes...

Congrats on your first loading. Work up slow and stay safe. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions.
Bmt85

Postby Prater4586 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:47 pm

We have abunch around here in North Alabama. All the rain and flooding we had kept them on a few high hills on the property we hunt. It was a slaughter fest for sure. Didn't even put a dint in the population around here. I can't seem to get my pictures small enough to post on the forum yet.
Prater4586

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b