Best new reloading manual ?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Best new reloading manual ?

Postby teddy_d » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:22 pm

:ugeek: Hey folks i'm looking to purchase a new reloading manual to replace my 35 year old manual, trying to find a manual that is going to cover "most" modern rifle/pistol cartridges, powders, bullets etc...

It looks like the following would be good: Hornady, Nosler, Barnes, Lyman, Sierra, Speer, and Lee.

Thanks. :mrgreen:
teddy_d

Re: Best new reloading manual ?

Postby plant_one » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:49 pm

hornady's 10th has an impressive collection of data in it - of course though being a manufacturer's manual, it only lists data for THEIR bullets.

i hear lyman's 50th is nice, but i havent picked that up yet - i've still got 49th edition there. broader selection of bullet mfg's there, but less calibers overall - at least if 50th is similar to 49th.
plant_one

Re: Best new reloading manual ?

Postby teddy_d » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:15 pm

plant_one wrote:hornady's 10th has an impressive collection of data in it - of course though being a manufacturer's manual, it only lists data for THEIR bullets.

i hear lyman's 50th is nice, but i havent picked that up yet - i've still got 49th edition there. broader selection of bullet mfg's there, but less calibers overall - at least if 50th is similar to 49th.

Thanks

Sometimes you just just have to experiment with loads per some odd ball "bullet" but that is pretty mush standard as we're using so many different cases, powders (lots), primers, bullets, crimps....

"Chronograph data doesn't lie".

I'm not a competition shooter I just want to have new information that is reflective of "most" current components.
8-)
teddy_d

Return to Reloading for the 450b