Target Loads for .450bm ?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Target Loads for .450bm ?

Postby shuvelrider » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:33 pm

Does anybody know of a source for published data for light target loads, I was wanting to load some cast lead .452 bullet for range use. Am not looking for "home experiments" , seen that kind of reload info on other pages. I'm shooting a Ruger Scout rifle, currently rolling Hornady 250 gr FTX, got my recipe for the upcoming deer season here in Michigan. Just looking for something to use for checking the sights or if I put on a scope Thanks in advance.
shuvelrider

Re: Target Loads for .450bm ?

Postby pitted bore » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:54 am

shuvelrider wrote:Does anybody know of a source for published data for light target loads, I was wanting to load some cast lead .452 bullet for range use. ...

shuvelrider-
It's not completely clear from your post what sort of load you might consider to be "light". Are you referring to bullet weight? Recoil intensity?

As far as I know, Lyman's Reloading Manual, 50th edition, is the only reliable source of cast bullet reloading data for the 450 Bushmaster. Their data were collected following SAAMI protocols. They show a load using a 225-grain cast bullet with a MV of 1354 fps. That's pretty light.

(If there is another source of tested 450B cast bullet data, I'd be delighted to learn of it.)

Good luck.
--Bob
pitted bore

Return to Reloading for the 450b