Sizing new Starline brass

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Sizing new Starline brass

Postby justonemorear » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:53 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
Hoot wrote:
justonemorear wrote:I always trim Virgin Brass after sizing it. I treated the 450 as I did when I first played w/ the 50Beo over 10trs ago. Then as in now I only use the Lee hand trim setup w/ a cordless screwdriver, I can do it on the patio, porch or take it w/ me fishing.

That doesn't speak well of where you go fishing. ;)

Hoot

LOL. I was thinking that very same thing.

I never said I was a serious fisher, I'm a laid back one. Wait for the bobber to stay under kind. Hell we are not talking about hunting :D
justonemorear

Re: Sizing new Starline brass

Postby GaCop » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:12 pm

Al in Mi wrote:
GaCop wrote:Not familiar with the Lee, I trim on my Forester trimmer and have been using Hornady brass exclusively w/o any issues. I did find that my Forester .45 pilot won't enter a sized case so I improvised and use my 44 pilot. Seems to work well and the case mouths are nice and square.

Forster has a couple different sizes of 45cal pilots, one fits a .458 and the other fits .451-.452ish.

you can spin them up in a drill and hold a piece of emery cloth on them to size them down a little.
. I'll have to give that a try, thanks. Mine is just marked "45".
Vietnam Vet Jun 66 - Dec 67
GaCop

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b