Loading for pistol

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Loading for pistol

Postby Al in Mi » Tue May 18, 2021 2:50 am

10mm barrel??? Oh do tell 8-)
Al in Mi

Postby Smithjdsr » Tue May 18, 2021 8:52 am

I’ve thought about this one:

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/catalo ... w/id/3304/

For 350 Legend. But I also have dreams of a .300 AAC pistol that might be nice in a side charging format. $300 each is a little steep…
John

“Remember; No matter where you go, there you are.” -Buckaroo Banzai
Smithjdsr

Postby plant_one » Thu May 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Smithjdsr wrote:I’ve thought about this one:

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/catalo ... w/id/3304/

For 350 Legend. But I also have dreams of a .300 AAC pistol that might be nice in a side charging format. $300 each is a little steep

the trick is to buy them as complete uppers and just rebarrel as needed.

then for the same $300 (basically) you have a upper, bcg, handguard, gas block and possibly even a gas tube and muzzle device.

ive done this with a couple of their uppers, and just picked up 2 more to use as donors - sadly one of which never showed up. now i gotta wait for another melonite barrel to come back in stock to get it.

for example

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/upper- ... per-1.html

$299 complete upper. - why pay $311 for just an upper receiver and BCG
plant_one

Postby Smithjdsr » Thu May 20, 2021 8:32 pm

Oh, you are a bad, bad person… I never thought of that. When I get in build mode, I’m thinking “parts, parts, parts…”

But, now I’m looking at those right side charging complete uppers thinking “If I can find the barrel I want,” (which I can) “Why do I need to barrel my own upper? Why not just get one?”
John

“Remember; No matter where you go, there you are.” -Buckaroo Banzai
Smithjdsr

Postby offrink » Fri May 21, 2021 4:32 pm

Al in Mi wrote:10mm barrel??? Oh do tell 8-)

Sorry, I missed this. It’s a 16” 10mm ar-15 barrel with a 1:16 twist. I added it on because I want to build a 10mm ar. My initial purchase was a stainless 24” 450BM barrel. Mixing that with a titanium colored upper and lower and a boyd’s furniture in pepper. Should blend well together. I hope it’s shipped in the next month. Or 3.
offrink

Postby plant_one » Sat May 22, 2021 9:19 pm

Smithjdsr wrote:Oh, you are a bad, bad person… I never thought of that. When I get in build mode, I’m thinking “parts, parts, parts…”

But, now I’m looking at those right side charging complete uppers thinking “If I can find the barrel I want,” (which I can) “Why do I need to barrel my own upper? Why not just get one?”

i get it... its a sickness lol

i'm all for budget ar uppers... because as noted above --- worst case scenerio all it needs is a different barrel and it *WILL* be a shooter. 98% of the accuracy on an ar upper IS the barrel. so if the BCA one s*cks....

20-30 mins later... viola.... *gun plumber noises*.... fresh new barrel :)

im not ashamed at all that i've got a balistic advantage barrel riding on a BCA donor action, likewise a KAK thats going in another....

my WOA is riding in one of the original old school side chargers (LAR OPS-4), but i wouldnt think twice about doing it again with a BCA upper thats for sure :)
plant_one

Postby Hoot » Sun May 23, 2021 12:10 am

IMHO, the most important part of a rifle is the barrel. All else follows in line behind it, though a good trigger is a close second. I have a half dozen or so rifles with barrels that cost as much as, if not more than the platform they're mounted on. By the way, I have a new RPR barrel pull in 6 Creedmoor that I'd part with for a reasonable price. OK, so that's one where the platform cost more than the precision barrel I bought for it. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby offrink » Mon May 24, 2021 3:16 pm

Just need to define what is reasonable!
offrink

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b