Is Wildcatter still around?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Is Wildcatter still around?

Postby hatari » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:21 am

Anybody have any current info on Wildcatter?

I've been trying to get in touch with Tim for a while now, but my addresses and phone # for him are no good since he left Fenton. Hope all is good with him.

Thx.
hatari

Re: Is Wildcatter still around?

Postby Hoot » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:28 am

hatari wrote:Anybody have any current info on Wildcatter?

I've been trying to get in touch with Tim for a while now, but my addresses and phone # for him are no good since he left Fenton. Hope all is good with him.

Thx.

Sorry to report that Tim passed away August 27, 2019.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Is Wildcatter still around?

Postby hatari » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:47 pm

Hoot,

Thanks for the info. I’m sad to hear the news but suspected as much.

I first got to know Tim back in the early ‘90s when he started converting M1 Carbines to .45 WM. I helped field test them, with two safaris in South Africa taking game.

Tim had a contract to import M1 Garands and Carbines from Korea and was going to covert and sell them. The Clinton gun ban killed that deal and Tim was temporarily screwed.

He then jumped to the AR platform and the .450 Professional came out of that. Tim wanted me to do another safari field testing the .450 Pro, but the AR platform is prohibited in most African countries so it never happened.

for a decade I was not shooting or hunting as much as I coached baseball, so Tim and I didn’t talk much and obviously lost contact with him.

Tim was a fun guy with big ideas. Passionate about what he was doing. Im very sorry to hear he’s passed.

Thanks again for the update.
hatari

Return to Reloading for the 450b