new to reloading 450b

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

new to reloading 450b

Postby chazz1975 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:03 pm

Hello all,

With the scarcity of ammo in my neck of the woods, I went out searching for reloading components. I was able to find 2 bags of Starline brass, 2 boxes of bullets (Hornady 225gr FTX and Hornady 245gr Interlock soft point), small rifle primers, 1 lb of Lil Gun, Lee 4 die set, and lee case Trimmer. I am going to be using the Lee powder dippers and either my Lee Challenger Press or Lee hand press to load. What amount of powder will give decent accuracy for these bullets? Is there anything else I missed? My reloading setup is portable/mobile/spartan. Everything fits inside a standard ammo can. I will be only doing a few rounds at a time, about 1 or two boxes (20-40 rounds). Also, are there any bullets that are available, even cast from smaller distributors/makers? Thanks.
chazz1975

Re: new to reloading 450b

Postby Hoot » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 pm

This is how it all starts. Abandon hope all ye who enter! ;)

I sent you a PM. Check your messages. Oh, and pass along what shooting platform you're running.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: new to reloading 450b

Postby chazz1975 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:18 am

Oops...I was remiss in mentioning my platform. I am shooting a Ruger American Ranch with Vortex 4-12 optic. I am using this for deer in Michigan. I took a doe with it last year using Winchester extended season 250 grain polymer tip bullets.
chazz1975

Return to Reloading for the 450b