250gr SST M/L vs 250gr FTX - ->

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: 250gr SST M/L vs 250gr FTX - ->

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:07 pm

SAWMAN wrote:Sorry for the ramble gents but just trying to get people uh postin'.
I am still learning about the 450B and enjoy talking about it. --- SAWMAN

I’m mostly in “Watergate” mode these days. I read all the posts but I don’t reply
mainly because our membership interacts before I do and they do an excellent job
of handling any questions or issues. I’m hoping that after I complete my shop, I’ll have more
time to engage and respond. But make no mistake. I’m here and I am paying attention for the
most part to the posts and replies.
As for the Blue tips, I can’t really tell the difference ballistics wise between the
Shockwaves and the FTXs. They are both extremely accurate. But like others have pointed out
the Shockwaves are bonded.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby SAWMAN » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:14 am

When I first got into the 6.8SPC chambering,I shot the Hornady 120gr SST.
They killed the bigger hogs "just ok" - -> HOWEVER every hog we butchered,we found the bullet shed it's jacket about 4 inches into the hog. Same with the smaller NW Fla deer.
My vels were about 2500fps. Are these bullrts advertised by Hornady as "BONDED" also ??
If so,can someone please explain to me what the Hornady definition of "BONDED" really is. And what has been ya"lls expierance using the "BONDED" labled bullets ?? ---- SAWMAN
P.S. - -> I now use ONLY the non lead bullets. Barnes TSX and TTSX work great for me in my 18" 6.8SPCII and my buddies 300BLK.
"Why just dance when you can rock and roll."
STONER 63A
XM177E2
COLT 609
SAWMAN

Postby s4s4u » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:21 am

120gr SST

That bullet is one of their "interlock" designs, so not really "bonded". Better for thin skinned game I expect.
s4s4u

Postby Hoot » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:44 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I’m mostly in “Watergate” mode these days. I read all the posts but I don’t reply
mainly because our membership interacts before I do and they do an excellent job
of handling any questions or issues. I’m hoping that after I complete my shop, I’ll have more
time to engage and respond. But make no mistake. I’m here and I am paying attention for the
most part to the posts and replies...snip...

Ditto.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b