Loading data for 450 BM accurate 5744 powder

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Loading data for 450 BM accurate 5744 powder

Postby Racre » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:21 pm

Has anybody reloaded 450 bushmaster withe lil gun and hornady 250 grain xtp bullets. I cannot find it for this bullet. I am updated 5744 accurate has load data for bushmaster using similar bullet, I am going to try it at the low end. I am not really concerned about velocity.
Last edited by Racre on Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Racre

Re: Loading data for 450 BM using Alliant 410 powder

Postby Hoot » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:32 pm

Racre wrote:Has anybody reloaded 450 bushmaster withe lil gun and hornady 250 grain xtp bullets. I cannot find in for this bullet.

Welcome Aboard Racre!

You would be better off using the 240 grain XTP Mag as it has a thicker jacket and has a better chance of withstanding 450b velocities. The 250 grain XTP, being of thinner jacket, is more appropriate for handgun velocities.

Hoot

PS: I moved your post here for better exposure.
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Loading data for 450 BM using Alliant 410 powder

Postby s4s4u » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:20 am

Racre wrote:Has anybody reloaded 450 bushmaster withe lil gun and hornady 250 grain xtp bullets. I cannot find in for this bullet.

Curious about the reference to 410 in the title, but have loaded up some of those with 38 grains of lil gun to try. The 250 XTP is tougher than Hornady gives them credit for. I have a friend that loads them hot from his 460 S&W 15" Encore barrel and uses them for deer hunting. He tells me that they knock the fire out of them and few even take step when hit. There isn't a lot left of the bullet afterward, on those that he has recovered, but dead is dead. I am going to do some water jug testing once the weather warms up as they won't let me do that at the 100 yard underground range for some reason. And then I may try them in the fall, depending on results. The XTP-Mag bullets are tougher for certain, but not gonna sleep on the XTP, yet.
s4s4u

Re: Loading data for 450 BM accurate 5744 powder

Postby Racre » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:43 pm

I did not put the 410 powder in the title someone else from this forum did when i asked the question. I ordered these from midway usa not realizing it was going to be hard to find reload data for my 450 bushmaster. I went to Hornady website they only show three different kinds of bullets for 450 bushmaster. Yes I am new to the reloading which is a great thing. I am just wanting to be directed to were can find safe data using accurate 5744 powder. close I get from there website is a 250 gr nosler hp. Is that similar to the 250 gr xtp jacketed hollow point that hornady makes?
Racre

Re: Loading data for 450 BM using acccurate 5744 powder

Postby Racre » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:44 pm

s4s4u wrote:

Curious about the reference to 410 in the title, but have loaded up some of those with 38 grains of lil gun to try. The 250 XTP is tougher than Hornady gives them credit for. I have a friend that loads them hot from his 460 S&W 15" Encore barrel and uses them for deer hunting. He tells me that they knock the fire out of them and few even take step when hit. There isn't a lot left of the bullet afterward, on those that he has recovered, but dead is dead. I am going to do some water jug testing once the weather warms up as they won't let me do that at the 100 yard underground range for some reason. And then I may try them in the fall, depending on results. The XTP-Mag bullets are tougher for certain, but not gonna sleep on the XTP, yet.
Racre

Re: Loading data for 450 BM using Accurate 5744 powder

Postby Racre » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:45 pm

s4s4u wrote:

Racre

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:26 pm

There’s only 2 moderators here and one Admin. I don’t think the admin changed the title as he leaves that kinda activity to us moderators. I know I didn’t change it because I would have messaged you that I modified your posts. That would only leave Hoot. And if I remember correctly, he already stated that he had someone post two different times and when he approved the initial post, he tied the second post with the first so it would get more views. I’m not sure if your posts are the ones he referred to. But it’s all good. Just be patient. It takes a bit of time at first.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:50 pm

The original post was a reply in a thread with that title, in the reloading drop box sub-forum. No one goes there and I thought he would get more responses if I moved it to the reloading for the 450b sub-forum. In moving the post, it took the title from the previous thread along with it. Then there was a second post and I tried merging them both here. This is something that as a moderator, I don't get the opportunity to do and I obviously hosed it up. Mudbug isn't available for coaching and we're on our own here. Luckily, the earth didn't switch poles or anything serious result from my futile effort. Won't happen again. Any post that I find out of position will languish there going forward. :roll:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:25 pm

Hoot wrote:The original post was a reply in a thread with that title, in the reloading drop box sub-forum. No one goes there and I thought he would get more responses if I moved it to the reloading for the 450b sub-forum. In moving the post, it took the title from the previous thread along with it. Then there was a second post and I tried merging them both here. This is something that as a moderator, I don't get the opportunity to do and I obviously hosed it up. Mudbug isn't available for coaching and we're on our own here. Luckily, the earth didn't switch poles or anything serious result from my futile effort. Won't happen again. Any post that I find out of position will languish there going forward. :roll:

Hoot

It’s all good Hoot. I probably would have done the same thing.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby s4s4u » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:10 am

Racre wrote:I did not put the 410 powder in the title someone else from this forum did when i asked the question. I ordered these from midway usa not realizing it was going to be hard to find reload data for my 450 bushmaster. I went to Hornady website they only show three different kinds of bullets for 450 bushmaster. Yes I am new to the reloading which is a great thing. I am just wanting to be directed to were can find safe data using accurate 5744 powder. close I get from there website is a 250 gr nosler hp. Is that similar to the 250 gr xtp jacketed hollow point that hornady makes?

I would be comfortable using that data as a reference and starting on the lower end of the spectrum. I have often had to extrapolate from given information to get where I need to go. No commercial data will ever have all loads for all powder and all bullets.
s4s4u

Next

Return to Reloading for the 450b