Brownels Has Lil Gun in Stock 12/14/22

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Brownels Has Lil Gun in Stock 12/14/22

Postby Hoot » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:47 pm

4 pound jugs for $36.00 per pound Right Now

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Brownels Has Lil Gun in Stock 12/14/22

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:29 am

cheap!!!

gotta be a catch someplace
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:02 am

Al in Mi wrote:cheap!!!

gotta be a catch someplace

Yeah, the catch is the total cost of it, if you don't live close enough to them to pick it up FTF.

Seems like a handful of big name online merchants are getting the Lion's Share of the powder for purchase online. What kills it for me is the cost of shipping, with the Hazmat Fee and actual shipping cost sometimes being greater than the inflated cost of the powder in 1 pound purchases. I for one refuse to get my powder that way. The downside is the local reloading emporium, where I was a frequent flyer, but which can't afford to buy from distributors greater than sub-skid sized orders, can't get anything. The same applies to primers only worse. The problem of less product on the brick and mortar store shelves seems to be noticeably better the further south you go. I regularly see pictures posted in the forums from member down south, showing shelves from Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop and Scheels, packed full of product, yet the ones locally here in the TC Metro have next to nothing. If people desperate enough to buy their powder and primers at 100 to 300% more than the inflation rate would support, keep on shelling out their money, there will be no incentive for the distributors and merchants to moderate their prices. I like the convenience of online shopping but it isn't worth the gouging. I'm working off of diminishing reloading supplies bought before it all got crazy. This has reduced my activity. Two and a half years ago, I could not wait to retire, so that I could enjoy my love of load development at will, not just relegated to weekend warrior participation. Lo and behold, my eagerness was in vain. Bad timing... :(

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:28 am

Could always unretire buddy!!

About the only thing I could use would be a jug of 300MP and CFE BLK.
Al in Mi

Postby coyote wacker » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:18 am

Yep....I was stocked had a lot in the past 3 + years I haven't bought anything except Cutting Edge Bullets on sale or anything at good old prices....I'am starting to see the back of my the shelves and hoping prices go back to what they use to be even with inflation.....
coyote wacker

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:08 am

They also have H110 in stock Right Now. Same price per pound as the Lil Gun but in 8 pound jugs. If you use a lot of it, that's not too bad. Interestingly, the Hazmat Fee is the same for an 8 pounder as a 1 pounder so the cost per pound that the fee represents goes down. Regardless, someone is getting rich from Hazmat Fees and to say its a safety thing is disingenuous. You can take the powder, seal it inside individual shotshells and suddenly there's no hazard. That's BS!

I'll get off my retired soapbox now. My original point was to let members who say that they can't get Lil Gun, know that there's some available.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby JM_OH » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:35 pm

Midway has lilgun 36.97 lb. Free shipping over $59.00 still need to pay hazmat $23.49.
JM_OH

Return to Reloading for the 450b