Reloading dies

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Reloading dies

Postby Hoot » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:41 pm

Goochylogic wrote:Al in Mi, most of my dies are rcbs with a couple hornady and 1 lee for a 45acp. I havn’t had any issues to speak of from any. I just got a flyer with a set of rcbs dies in the 450. Havn’t found much reviews on that set. I’m in no hurry to by a set. I have a bad habit of over researching things.

There's no such thing as being too informed before throwing down your hard earned money. If given the choice between every brand, my picks would be Redding followed by Hornady. I like their seating dies for keeping the bullet aligned with the mouth, negating the need to do any belling. If you get a set that is executed properly, its hard to go wrong with any brand. Some however are better at making that final QC check before they go out. I've already mentioned them.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby 303hunter » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:49 pm

Goochylogic wrote:Guys, thanks for the dialog and info. Is the Lee 4 die set even a consideration with this caliber. Defiantly not trying to be cheap at all. Just trying to learn the pros and cons of each.

I’ve got a set of the Lee 450 dies, and they work great. I definitely like the FCD.
303hunter

Postby RBDMTJager » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:10 pm

A little late to the discussion but I have made about 200 reloads for my CVA Cascade in 450BM using Hornady Custom grade FL resizing die, Hornady Custom grade bullet seating die and then a Lee FC die. My worst performing reloads to date produced a 100yrd 3-shot 1.09" group my overall average for all my reloads was well below MOA at 100 yards.

To say I am 100% satisfied with both my Hornady Custom Grade dies and my Lee Factory Crimp die is a immeasurable understatement.
I have dies from Redding, Forster, RCBS and now Hornady and I would rate their quality as good as any I have.
If I were to recommend a die set for 450BM I would undoubtedly recommend the Hornady Custom Grade over all others, especially for the bullet seating die.

Here is a link to my post I wrote about my reloading results for my new CVA Cascade in 450BM. Warning its long.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17047
RBDMTJager

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b