Lead free rounds.

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Lead free rounds.

Postby Siringo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:43 am

Purple K -- the 275 grain bullets for the 460 S&W are .451 diameter. S&W just pickup the name to be different in regards to the marketing arena.
Siringo

Postby Baxter » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Well since I don't reload, I contacted Honaday. They said lead-free will be out next year, so much for bear season.
Baxter

Postby MudBug » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Baxter wrote:Well since I don't reload, I contacted Honaday. They said lead-free will be out next year, so much for bear season.

Quiter! :mrgreen:

What you should of said is "So much for not being a reloader" :lol:

I found out a many years ago when I bought my 270 WSM that if you buy any new caliber and don't plan on reloading you are setting yourself up for frustration.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:39 pm

I honestly believe that owning firearms and NOT reloading is not a good idea. If nothing else, it gives you another perspective as to whats going on and helps to understand the firearms better.

Besides that, its really a great pastime and helps me forget the bad things of the day.

to get into it, you looking at 200-300 dollars, but its money well spent.
Mike

Postby Baxter » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:04 am

I found a deal on a kit to start reloading. It is a turret press, hopefully I can work up some nice 556, 40 and thumper rounds. I will be looking here and reading manuals in the meantime.
Baxter

Postby wildcatter » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Baxter wrote:I found a deal on a kit to start reloading. It is a turret press, hopefully I can work up some nice 556, 40 and thumper rounds. I will be looking here and reading manuals in the meantime.

Hey Baxter,

What Turret Press Company? The reason I ask is this..

Now, I very much like the Turret Press concept and own a Redding, don't get me wrong, I still can't live without a Rockchucker for R&D work. One of my guys was resizing the 458-325gr-Hornady to 452 and managed to bend the Ram, guess he learned, that we use the Bullet Proof Rockchucker, for such.

I was thinking that it was a RCBS Turret Press and dropped a dime to them and quick as a bunny they Provided a new Ram, NO CHARGE. To My surprise, the thing would not fit the press, the new Ram being allot bigger in diameter. Then I discovered that the press was really a Redding and not the RCBS, I thought it was. I tried to give back the RCBS Ram back to them, but they were more enthused with the notion that my shop had a failure with a competitor's, that RCBS charged nothing for and Redding charged me something like $20 bucks, with shipping.

Will Redding work? Yes, but don't stress it as we did on those 325's. Will RCBS work? I believe it will, even resizing the 325's.

Good thing the Redding was a Gift, myself I learned many long Moons ago that, sparring a dime, usually will cost you much more in the long run..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 pm

8-) Rockchucker... keep it clean & lubed; it'll do anything and last a lifetime doin' it! ;)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b