Shellholder for 450B?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Shellholder for 450B?

Postby echochargen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:13 am

I'm new to reloading. I've been consuming reloading information for the last 1.5 months and a few weeks ago I purchased the Lee Turret Press Kit. This weekend I'll be shooting my first 45ACP reloads.
Anyhow, I purchased the Hornady 450 Bushmaster die set from Midway. Unlike the Lee dies I have, the Hornady dies did not come with a shellholder. Lee does not make dies for the 450B, so they don't have a recommendation on which of their shellholders to use....at least the woman I talked to on the phone there didn't. She suggested I send in a case, which I will do.
So that brings me to several questions:
1. Do shellholders work across press manufacturers? Say I got the Hornady shellholder #1 that the die set box says, will that fit my Lee Turret Press?
2. Does anyone know which Lee shellholder to use?

Thanks for any help. I've been reading this board since the beginning and learned a tremendous amount.

Best regards,
Jeremy
echochargen

Re: Shellholder for 450B?

Postby MudBug » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:39 am

Most shellholders work with most presses, I think there are a few exceptions though.

I think it's a #2 shellholder. It's the shellholder for .284 Win, .308, .243, etc
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Re: Shellholder for 450B?

Postby partszar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:40 am

It is a #2 From Lee. The same BTW as 308,30-06,45acp and several others.

Paul
partszar

Return to Reloading for the 450b