.452 Hornady GMX?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

.452 Hornady GMX?

Postby Stealthshooter » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:10 pm

I was thinking....Which is scary at times!! Do you guys think Hornady will ever come out with a .452 GMX? I was thinking a 225,250 and 275 line of GMX could go over big not only with the 450 guys but with the muzzle loader guys as well! What do you guys think?
Stealthshooter

Re: .452 Hornady GMX?

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Stealthshooter wrote:I was thinking....Which is scary at times!! Do you guys think Hornady will ever come out with a .452 GMX? I was thinking a 225,250 and 275 line of GMX could go over big not only with the 450 guys but with the muzzle loader guys as well! What do you guys think?

I think so too and the surest way to see it is give them a call and suggest it. Hornady definitely logs in all those requests and when they get enough of them they will react favorably..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Stealthshooter » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:47 pm

I'll call them tomorrow!! Who else is gunna call? Hornady 1-800-338-3220
Stealthshooter

Postby Stealthshooter » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:12 pm

OK fellas....I called Hornady today and before I tell ya what they said I just gotta say their automated phone recording at the first is hilarious!! If for no other reason than to listen to that you need to call!!

Anywho I spoke to a very friendly gentleman and I asked if they planned on expanding the .452 line for the 450. He said they were not planning on it. I told him my thoughts on a GMX line and he was very receptive!! He wanted to know if there really was some interest. So...I think a few more calls would really mean something. One thing he did say is that they are working on some solid copper muzzle loader bullets......sounded like it was along the GMX lines.

Give them a call and tell them you have a request for some more .452 bullets I think they are listening.
Stealthshooter

Postby BillytheKid » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:27 pm

I remember sending an email request for non lead rounds for our Kalifornia condor zone. Their quick reply was "just wait and see what we release in December"

So I waited, and waited, and waited, and got very disappointed. I think they pretend to be receptive, but I dont believe they will make the non lead hollow point or soft point bullets for legal condor zone hunting.

On the plus side, this just makes the pig bomb explode in the condor zone where, interestingly enough, tons of libs have taken residence!

Poetic Justice, perhaps?
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Stealthshooter » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:33 pm

All we can do is call and ask and wait and see. I read in a post that they will sell the 250 grain Monoflex .458 as a loose component. How well would these size down?

http://www.hornady.com/store/45-70-Gove ... -MONOFLEX/
Stealthshooter

Postby Hoot » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:24 am

Stealthshooter wrote:All we can do is call and ask and wait and see. I read in a post that they will sell the 250 grain Monoflex .458 as a loose component. How well would these size down?

http://www.hornady.com/store/45-70-Gove ... -MONOFLEX/

I've been waiting since last fall for them to go mainstream. I emailed them and was pleasantly surprised to get a reply rather quickly. The gist was to look for them in the 1st or 2nd quarter of this year. Still looking...

How well they will tolerate resizing, without any loss of accuracy from balance upset remains to be seen.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Reloading for the 450b