Primers

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Primers

Postby Jeepejeep » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:02 pm

OK this is probably stupid of me but here goes... I just got my dies for the 450 and have bullets, powder and I forgot that I don't have small rifle primers :oops: :evil: ! ARGGG! I figure I can't, but is it unsafe to use small pistol primers or small pistol magnum primers?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Re: Primers

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Jeepejeep wrote:OK this is probably stupid of me but here goes... I just got my dies for the 450 and have bullets, powder and I forgot that I don't have small rifle primers :oops: :evil: ! ARGGG! I figure I can't, but is it unsafe to use small pistol primers or small pistol magnum primers?

I wouldn't try it. :o I did see in the latest Natchez add they have primers on sale. but I hate mail ordering stuff like that. Especially since I now have a Cabelas so close to home. But I would wait, if I were you, and get WC to chime in on this, or try to go out and buy some specifically for the 450 Bushmaster.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:25 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
Jeepejeep wrote:OK this is probably stupid of me but here goes... I just got my dies for the 450 and have bullets, powder and I forgot that I don't have small rifle primers :oops: :evil: ! ARGGG! I figure I can't, but is it unsafe to use small pistol primers or small pistol magnum primers?

I wouldn't try it. :o I did see in the latest Natchez add they have primers on sale. but I hate mail ordering stuff like that. Especially since I now have a Cabelas so close to home. But I would wait, if I were you, and get WC to chime in on this, or try to go out and buy some specifically for the 450 Bushmaster.

Ok, here goes. Pistol primers could be used, but they have a Myriad of problems. The worst one for me is that the cups are thinner and are easily pierced by the energy developed by a rifle firing pin system, as compared to the relative minimal energy produced by a pistol firing pin system. Also, pierced pistol primer are easy o see, if used in a rifle and can cause safety issues. There are many other safety problems, so why borrow them, when a box of 7 1/2 Remmies are less than three bucks..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Jeepejeep » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:08 pm

I figured it was not a good idea but I have them on hand and I'm just anxious to load these puppies up. I'll try some local shops tomorrow. Thanks guys!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby Jeepejeep » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Okee Dokee, I bought some WSR primers and loaded up 50 of the little buggers. Now I gotta get out and try 'em out! I loaded them with 35.4 gr of Lil' Gun to start.
Jeepejeep

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Your slide down the slippery slope has begun...wildcatter tried to warn you!

Let us know how it goes.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Jeepejeep » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:19 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Your slide down the slippery slope has begun...wildcatter tried to warn you!

Let us know how it goes.

Why do you say that? These are the recommended primers aren't they?
Jeepejeep

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Jeepejeep wrote:
commander faschisto wrote:Your slide down the slippery slope has begun...wildcatter tried to warn you!

Let us know how it goes.

I think he is teasing you on the "ADDICTION FACTOR", JayJay, lol!

450fix003.jpg
450fix003.jpg (26.71 KiB) Viewed 12214 times
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
Jeepejeep wrote:

Let us know how it goes.

450fix003.jpg

you know dawg, I'v seen this in your avatar for awhile now, but just put it together tonite.......... duh duh duh :oops:
Al in Mi

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:38 pm

you know dawg, I'v seen this in your avatar for awhile now, but just put it together tonite.......... duh duh duh :oops:

ROTFL!!!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to Reloading for the 450b