Found some 450 dies but they ain't cheap!!

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Found some 450 dies but they ain't cheap!!

Postby BayouBob » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Ouch! Either there are an awful lot of us "Thumper" nuts or none of the companies making guns/bullets/ammo/etc. thinks we are a serious market segment.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:09 am

Okay, it's time for an "INTERVENTION"! Look folks, when we see ignorance and arrogance in progress in our market we MUST act. Now is one of those times. Everyone on this forum, whether you have dies already or not, need to call this poor, uninformed firm and explain to them the reality of the situation. We should all call for the next five business days and explain that the price is totally outside the current going price. Tell them what you paid for yours, shipping where you got it and tell them who you know is stocking and remind them about the sales prices.
My call is going in as soon as I hit the submit button here. $79.98 plus shipping and tax is just plain ignorant. And we gotta stop ignorance at every turn.
Oh yeah..... 888-505-3086
They open at 10AM Mountain Time
Mon-Sat
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jim in Houston » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:15 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:when we see ignorance and arrogance in progress in our market we MUST act. Now is one of those times. Everyone on this forum, whether you have dies already or not, need to call this poor, uninformed firm and explain to them the reality of the situation.

No - just buy the dies somewhere else. That is the best message.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:33 am

Jim in Houston wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:when we see ignorance and arrogance in progress in our market we MUST act. Now is one of those times. Everyone on this forum, whether you have dies already or not, need to call this poor, uninformed firm and explain to them the reality of the situation.

No - just buy the dies somewhere else. That is the best message.

Ultimatey yes, I agree. But there is always the chance that this message could be misread. I have personally seen this happen. They will take their lack of sales as a sign that the product has no demand and their execs will continually be repeating the lack of sales back through the grapevine. I can't explain here but this situation, in the long term can actually hurt us. We want everyone to see sales and liquid inventory. Including these guys. Do act! Do it for the promotion and future of the cartridge. Call these guys! They could sell all that they have on the shelf. And if they are trying to run their margins due to prehistoric mark up percentages, they must not know about the recession and obamanomics.
But at least call them and tell them they are toooo far out of line. Even Cabelas has them beat.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby dale » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:16 am

This place has a smoking deal on hornady ammo too-NOT!!!40.00 a box :lol: :lol:
http://www.impactguns.com/hornady-450-b ... 22441.aspx
dale

Postby paulmark3010 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:13 am

I bought my upper from Impact last year. They were by far the cheapest at the time. :twisted:
paulmark3010

Postby Stealthshooter » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:17 am

I'll call as soon as they open.
Stealthshooter

Postby Stealthshooter » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Well....I called and they pretty well said tough nooky. After that even if they lowered the price I'll buy somewhere else!!
Stealthshooter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Stealthshooter wrote:Well....I called and they pretty well said tough nooky. After that even if they lowered the price I'll buy somewhere else!!

I called and spoke to Brian, some sort of manager. He and I talked for about ten minutes and the end of the conversation seemed productive. He said he was going to research the issue and see why his distributors are selling to him at such high cost. We discussed both the dies and the ammo. I simply told him all the places their prices on the items and told him not to take my word for it, look into the issue and confirm what I was telling him. He was very cordial and agreed that maybe he was gonna look at a new distributor, but the prices were in line with their profit margins according to their cost from their distributor. He was very polite. He asked us to keep an eye on their prices in the future and he hoped he could get a better deal through another distributor.
It was at least a more civil conversation than I had earlier this morning with another guy at Bushmaster, whom I understand, may be looking for a new job, after talking to his manager.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to Reloading for the 450b