Found some 450 dies but they ain't cheap!!

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Found some 450 dies but they ain't cheap!!

Postby tkknc » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:01 pm

I just received my dies from Natchez for $60. I just looked at there site and they are out again. I used the e-mail notification, so I could order when the dies were in stock. If you get the Hornady dies, go to the Hornady website and download the rebate for for a box of bullets. You will have to pay $7 for shipping. The rebate is good for 2011 (but 185 gr in .451 is as large as teh rebate will provide, I picked 7mm). I would not have seen the rebate if not for the sticker on the die box.
tkknc

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:25 pm

tkknc wrote:I just received my dies from Natchez for $60. I just looked at there site and they are out again. I used the e-mail notification, so I could order when the dies were in stock. If you get the Hornady dies, go to the Hornady website and download the rebate for for a box of bullets. You will have to pay $7 for shipping. The rebate is good for 2011 (but 185 gr in .451 is as large as teh rebate will provide, I picked 7mm). I would not have seen the rebate if not for the sticker on the die box.

Thanx for pointing that out. I thought you had to buy a whole press. But I can get box of 100 with the purchase of the dies. I saw the sticker and sort of cynically ignored it. But then, I have been a bit cynical lately what with my Bushmaster fiasco and all.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Larrys1911 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:18 pm

LOL

I walk in Gander mountian and Bass Pro to look at the cool stuff and fondle it...

Then I go somewhere else and buy for about 35% cheaper..... Most amazing thing to me is, people are keeping them in business.

Talked to a friend of a friend that does Gun shows here in ARK. his prices on guns are ALWAYS OVER the MSRP and normally considerably over... And you will ALWAYS stand in line to buy from him.... ALWAYS

Just a EX. he sells Glock 17s for $650, with night sites $700 And PEOPLE BUY THEM. Actually they stand in LINE to buy them.

Anyway I asked him once how he could charge so much.

"The Price is just a suggestion, if they will pay it, and many will, Im happy. If they wanna haggle Ill haggle and get reasonable. MOST just offer me MSRP and I happly take it." They feel like they got a deal thne cause they haggled with me.

Honestly Im of the opinion that most people buying guns and ammo and hunting stuff just dont know and few care to look.

More amazing since the Inet is so easy.

Get on ARFCOM and look at the prices people are paying for USED equiptment from people they dont know theres some here as well.... Hell I can buy from Brownells, Bravo Co, Global Tactical etc for the same price or less MOSTof the time. Rare that you that you save more than shipping on anything. Pesonally shipping aint worth the chance you take buying a used part to me....But apparently for some it is. Why anyone would pay $125 for a used Emod is BEYOND me but ive seen it happen alot. Bravos list price is like 120.

To me thats all amazing. But honestly I dont think most people are shoppers.

Larry
Larrys1911

Postby Jim in Houston » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:34 pm

tkknc wrote:I just received my dies from Natchez for $60. I just looked at there site and they are out again. I used the e-mail notification, so I could order when the dies were in stock. If you get the Hornady dies, go to the Hornady website and download the rebate for for a box of bullets. You will have to pay $7 for shipping. The rebate is good for 2011 (but 185 gr in .451 is as large as teh rebate will provide, I picked 7mm). I would not have seen the rebate if not for the sticker on the die box.

If you call Hornady, they will include the 450 Bushmaster in the rebate offer. You will have to write in the correct product number on the rebate form (double check - it is in their reloading manual, and the first time they gave me the one for 45-70 gov't). You will have to pay $5 (may be more now) per box, due to the 450's being more expensive than the ones that are part of the regular offer, and you will get boxes of 50 instead of 100. Still, they will be a good deal.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Just got an email from Hornady about my free boolits! They is on the way!
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:32 pm

I know many will question the wisdom of this, but: I just saw various kinds of 450b dies and whatnot on eBay, but I have no idea if the prices are reasonable. Lately eBay has become just a giant storefront selling for full retail, plus some. Just info you...

Note to MudBug: huzzah! I stayed on topic!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:03 pm

commander faschisto wrote:I know many will question the wisdom of this, but: I just saw various kinds of 450b dies and whatnot on eBay, but I have no idea if the prices are reasonable. Lately eBay has become just a giant storefront selling for full retail, plus some. Just info you...

I don't know for sure, but I do a bit of EBay selling, I would be very careful.
You might be getting a set that has been misused.
Also if the price for the die set is over $69.00, just go to Cabelas. They sell the set for
$64.99. I think that deal we got at Natchez was AWESOME.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:08 pm

commander faschisto wrote:I know many will question the wisdom of this, but: I just saw various kinds of 450b dies and whatnot on eBay, but I have no idea if the prices are reasonable. Lately eBay has become just a giant storefront selling for full retail, plus some. Just info you...

Looking at those listings, my guess is Hornady is held up by the seating dies, as he has no seating dies listed. FWIW, I damaged mine and Hornady sent me a .284 Winchester body that despite being a little longer, works perfectly to this day. You just screw down the depth adjustment a few more turns. That having been said, his prices are way high. For $81.00 you can buy a CH4D die set and I'd be willing to bet that they're probably better quality. Midsouth Shooters Supply shows the Hornady's in stock for $65.00 right now

Hoot
Last edited by Hoot on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Yeah, I was sort of figuring that might be the case...just wanted to mention it. Oh, well. Caveat emptor!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby tkknc » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Midway has Hornady Dies in stock (as of 6/20/11) for 69.99.
tkknc

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b