RainierBallistics

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

RainierBallistics

Postby Stealthshooter » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 pm

It looks like these guys may offer some decent bullets. http://www.rainierballistics.com/mainframe.htm
Stealthshooter

Re: RainierBallistics

Postby AR_Hunter » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:28 pm

I've used them in 45 acp before switching to lead semi-wadcutters and they worked fine. They were basically priced in between lead and jacketed bullets. Last time I checked they were getting pretty expensive though.
AR_Hunter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:23 pm

I spoke with WC earlier today about Rainier. I have about 1000 of the230gr FMJ and use them in the 45ACP for my colt and my Glock. WC mentioned some guys were having jacket separation issues as he had. He suggested the Hornady FMJ flat points or round nose. He preferred flat point for game. I don't fully recall his comments on all the ballistics and stuff
But do remember he was pushing them pretty fast. Always refer to reloading data and work up your own load.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby pitted bore » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Ranier and other plated bullets are probably not usable in the 450B unless you load them way down. Check these earlier threads:

--Bob
pitted bore

Postby Stealthshooter » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:45 am

I also read the 1500fps limit and was wondering what they would do at the higher speeds. This is why I ask these questions!! Thanks guys!
Stealthshooter

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:01 am

The separation of plated jackets can sometimes occur in the barrel, causing serious trouble, further more I and others have seen the Blue Puff, ten-twenty yards out, as the bullet explodes, also on occasion. I have asked Rainer and some others to give us some heavily plated bullets, to no avail. I wanted a .050"+- jacket, at least, over hard lead. Barnes has been the only one to come through, their Busters are not plated, but real jackets and those jackets are .060" thick with a hard lead core, darn near the perfect 450b bullet. Now we need a light weight Buster.. Oh wait, aren't the 230gr FMJ's a Buster type, not nearly as thick of a jacket and only semi-hard lead, but in essence does the same job, albeit at high speeds (I'm operating in the 2500-2800fps area, these days)?..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Reloading for the 450b