Hornady Powders

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Hornady Powders

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Am I the last guy on earth to know this, if not you too might be pleased to learn the following (it's been out since Janurary), it won't help the 450b much, but we shoot other goodies too..

..t

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/10/11/hodg ... n-powders/
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Hornady Powders

Postby pitted bore » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:08 pm

T-
There's a good 1-page review of Superformance powder in the latest Handloader magazine, #273, Aug-Sept 2011. The previous issue reviewed LEVERevolution.

These are stated to be niche powders. The Superformance powder provides better performance in only about 10 selected cartridges, and not with all bullet weights in those cartridges. I've got rifles chambered for 3-4 of those cartridges, so some exploratory work may be in order.

The 30-06 is one of the cartridges that the powder is supposed to furnish with a set of goat glands. I'm not sure it needs it. Your buddy Jeff Cooper once wrote something to the effect that "if a 180-grain 30-caliber bullet at 2700 fps didn't kill it, it's because you pointed the rifle wrong."

--Bob
pitted bore

Return to Reloading for the 450b