Range Report: Barnes XPB Part II

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Range Report: Barnes XPB Part II

Postby commander faschisto » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:55 pm

WC: Bushy SS 20-rd. = 2.318"
Sig556 Polymer 30-rd. = 2.255"
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Here's another 200gr Barnes XTP 3000fps group, before the weather conditions degraded, to the point where we quit shooting..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:48 pm

wildcatter wrote:Here's another 200gr Barnes XTP 3000fps group, before the weather conditions degraded, to the point where we quit shooting..

..t

I can see again! I can see again!

Doubting Thomas
Last edited by Hoot on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby BD1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:38 am

I believe these 200 grain XPBs are on sale right now at Midway for 17.95 per 20
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby Hoot » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:52 am

WARNING! SOME LOADS IN THIS THREAD EXCEED RECOMMENDED CHAMBER PRESSURE FOR THE 450 BUSHMASTER. DESPITE MY BRASS AND RIFLE NOT SHOWING ANY SIGNS OF EXTREME PRESSURE, YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY. IF YOU CHOOSE TO REPRODUCE THESE LOADS, DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Hoot wrote:WARNING! SOME LOADS IN THIS THREAD EXCEED RECOMMENDED CHAMBER PRESSURE FOR THE 450 BUSHMASTER. DESPITE MY BRASS AND RIFLE NOT SHOWING ANY SIGNS OF EXTREME PRESSURE, YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY. IF YOU CHOOSE TO REPRODUCE THESE LOADS, DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Hoot

Thanks Hoot, this can't be said enough and applies to all that is on this sight, in general.

Which brings up a point. Just a thought here, but how about having to click onto a disclaimer, just to be able to get onto this sight or something like that. This would help me, as I'm am inhibited in sharing way more than I do, because of the tort and misplaced responsibilities..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:18 pm

I finally got around to repairing the broken image links due to changing ISP a few years ago. Still need to do Part 3

Hoot
Hoot

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b