bullet resizing

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

bullet resizing

Postby thebrassnuckles » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 pm

what set ups do you guys use for resizing bullets for your 450b?

is it just a press with the resizig dies or are you using some specioal equipment?

if you are just using the resizing dies, what kind of luck are you haveing with the jacketed and solid bullets?

thanks
thebrassnuckles

Re: bullet resizing

Postby MudBug » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:53 pm

I just use a Rockchucker and the Lee .452 resizing kit + an extra 0.454 resizer.

Jacketed bullets are pretty simple going from .458 > .454 > .452 but the solids I have to do each resizing in steps, meaning that I leave the .454 sizing die sitting high so that I'm starting at the bottom of my stroke, then screw the die in some and go again, etc.... till done, then do it again with the .452 sizing die.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby thebrassnuckles » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:46 pm

so... you mean you are sizing part of the bullet, then adjusting the die, and doing another section, and again to finish, then you start the same process with the .452 die?
thebrassnuckles

Postby MudBug » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:03 pm

thebrassnuckles wrote:so... you mean you are sizing part of the bullet, then adjusting the die, and doing another section, and again to finish, then you start the same process with the .452 die?

Kind of.

What I mean is that with the sizing die all the way down, the ram arm is up so high that I have a hard time getting it started. So by not putting the die all the way down I can start it with the ram arm lower.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby the_mad_rshn » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:31 pm

I am using a 454 die. Same bad luck as BD has. I gues even worse now. I get about 2+" at 50 yards with 300 Lee's cast wheels weight gas checked.
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Return to Reloading for the 450b