Been talking with Paul from outlaw state bullets and.....

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Been talking with Paul from outlaw state bullets and.....

Postby Stealthshooter » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 pm

As it says above Paul and I have been talking for a while. I think I have talked him into getting a .452 sizing die!! Recently I have asked if he could take some Hornady 350 grain round nose http://www.hornady.com/store/45-Cal-.458-350-gr-RN/ and reform the nose into a spitzer with a flat on the end. My goal of course in doing so is to up the BC a bit. Not only did he say yes but here is the reply I got from him

Kris,
I can buy a box localy and it will save you shipping to me. Grafs has got them on the shelf. $28.00 after tax+ $5 to point up + ship for $8= $41. I have found a distributer that will sell them cheeper but you have to buy a 1000 of them. I can point them up and size to .452 for .50 a piece. $500 per thousand.
Paul

So as you can see he is going to have the ability to reform some noses for us and size them down. I am sending my money order out to him for one box. Now I plan on posting a pic of them and my test results as soon as I can. Would anyone be interested in doing some sort of mass buy with him? Even if it was only 5 of us we could split the 1000 bullets or 10 of us and so on or if we get enough interest I imagine he's work with us even further.

What ya think?

Outlaw State bullets. http://outlawstatebullets.com/11.html
Stealthshooter

Re: Been talking with Paul from outlaw state bullets and.....

Postby wildcatter » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Stealthshooter wrote:As it says above Paul and I have been talking for a while. I think I have talked him into getting a .452 sizing die!! Recently I have asked if he could take some Hornady 350 grain round nose http://www.hornady.com/store/45-Cal-.458-350-gr-RN/ and reform the nose into a spitzer with a flat on the end. My goal of course in doing so is to up the BC a bit. Not only did he say yes but here is the reply I got from him

Kris,
I can buy a box localy and it will save you shipping to me. Grafs has got them on the shelf. $28.00 after tax+ $5 to point up + ship for $8= $41. I have found a distributer that will sell them cheeper but you have to buy a 1000 of them. I can point them up and size to .452 for .50 a piece. $500 per thousand.
Paul

So as you can see he is going to have the ability to reform some noses for us and size them down. I am sending my money order out to him for one box. Now I plan on posting a pic of them and my test results as soon as I can. Would anyone be interested in doing some sort of mass buy with him? Even if it was only 5 of us we could split the 1000 bullets or 10 of us and so on or if we get enough interest I imagine he's work with us even further.

What ya think?

Outlaw State bullets. http://outlawstatebullets.com/11.html

Might want to size the die smaller than .452, as there is spring-back and there is no telling how much for any given bullet type without experimentation. Rule of thumb is .0005 to .0015, but I have seen over 2 thou. I might would try an ID of say .450, if the bullets actually came out of the die .450" (not likely), one can polish to a bigger die bore, to get a final result of say .4515" to .452", then you'll have a great bullet for making pointy.

Originally, I actually designed the 45pro for Hornady's 350RN's..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Been talking with Paul from outlaw state bullets and.....

Postby Stealthshooter » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm not sure what size die he is getting he just stated he would be able to size them to .452
Stealthshooter

Return to Reloading for the 450b