230 grain round nose

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

230 grain round nose

Postby Siringo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 am

What is the general consensus regarding an accurate load using a FMJ 230 gr. Round Nose. I have used totally encapsulated Hornady bullets that patterned rather than grouped. I have used some 230' RN -- the lead exposed base type -- with much better results, but in using LG (38 grs) - got 2.5 inch groups. I am looking at using 284 brass with these bullets for plinking. Anyone else found a good combination?
Siringo

Re: 230 grain round nose

Postby wildcatter » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Siringo wrote:What is the general consensus regarding an accurate load using a FMJ 230 gr. Round Nose. I have used totally encapsulated Hornady bullets that patterned rather than grouped. I have used some 230' RN -- the lead exposed base type -- with much better results, but in using LG (38 grs) - got 2.5 inch groups. I am looking at using 284 brass with these bullets for plinking. Anyone else found a good combination?

My best groups have been with this bullet and a slower powder and making the bullet go much faster. Since the days of the pro, things have changed and LG seems to be the powder of choice, no argument, but I stand by the first statement..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Reloading for the 450b