Primers?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Primers?

Postby gunnut » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:05 am

Whaaaaa!!!!!!!....HUfff...Huffff...............Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess I'll have to keep my stock of mod. 284 cases... Whaaaaaa!!!!!!
gunnut

Re: Primers?

Postby YoteAddict » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:38 pm

wildcatter wrote:Bad News, well, only, kinda-sorta..

Confirmed: Remington 450Bushmaster Ammunition uses the #-7 1/2 small rifle primer.

..t

For me it's not bad news due to the fact that I also load the .454 Casull, .223 Remington, .204 Ruger in addition to the 450 Bushmaster. All of these use small rifle primers and an advantage is that my primer stock is compatible. If Starline joins the fray, I prefer that they make cases for the small rifle primer. Does SAAMI specify the primer size when a cartridge is standardized? I'm thinking that Starline would use the same size primer that Hornady and Remington chose. I wouldn't have made such a claim without knowing the information you provided above about Remington's use of small rifle primers which has probably tipped the scales. Thanks for sharing the information.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
YoteAddict

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b