450b Brass

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: 450b Brass

Postby Colohunter » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:53 am

That's a great method pitted bore, does the nail polish survive the tumbler, or do you clean them another way?
Colohunter

Postby pitted bore » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:25 am

Colohunter-
I don't know whether the fingernail polish (or any other paint-type stuff) would survive a trip through a good tumbler.

I don't have a tumbler. When I'm in the mood for shiny brass, I use a bit of 0000 steel wool on the case exterior, and some steel-wool wrapped around a bronze bristle bore brush for the interior. Although it's probably unnecessary, I routinely clean primer pockets. My reloading heroes (Whelen, Page, Sharp, Wotkyns, Grennell, etc.) did not use a tumbler, and got along OK. I don't think benchrest shooters use them to clean brass between relays.

What I should have mentioned in my description above is that tagging and keeping track of brass can become difficult when the rifle is flinging the empties all over the firing line. My brass ID efforts are much reduced with my M1 Garand, for example. With the 45 Auto, it's almost non-existent.

--Bob
pitted bore

Postby 450b-recluse » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:38 am

[
I keeping track of brass can become difficult when the rifle is flinging the empties all over the firing line.
--Bob[/quote]

I do love my little eight dollar Caldell brass catcher from Midway.Especially at our "rustic" range up-country. Retrieving a decent % of your brass up there is dern near impossible. And at the local range it saves me from making enemies from the shooter to my right.
450b-recluse

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b