to webmaster

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

to webmaster

Postby hogbuster » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:44 am

Was my email to hoot and wildcatter delivered ? Is there a copy on the web and if so where do I find it. I am feeling sooo very dumb today, thank you.
hogbuster

Re: to webmaster

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Hey, don't feel too alone here...I'm an internet forum troglodyte from way back, but I am getting better at it. Just hang in there, and ask if you need help...someone on our electronic campfire will lead you to water. No one expects every poster to be a web wizard! ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby pitted bore » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:32 am

hogbuster wrote:Was my email to hoot and wildcatter delivered ? Is there a copy on the web and if so where do I find it. I am feeling sooo very dumb today, thank you.

Hogbuster-
When faced with new technology, most of us are ignorant, which is a lot different than dumb. Ignorance is fixable with some knowledge; dumb isn't. Various forums have different procedures for doing the same jobs, which can easily get confusing.

Answers to your tech question depends on how you tried to send the email. If you're on the forum pages and signed in, one method is to click on the forum member's name, which appears on forum pages as a link. That should open a page titled "viewing profile". On that page some contact links may or may not show up, depending on how the member configured his information.

One type of contact link on the profile page is "email address", with a link to a page for writing and sending an email to the forum member. If you want to be sure that the email is sent and to keep a copy of the message for yourself, make sure the box is checked that indicates "send a copy of this email to yourself".

Another type of contact link on the profile page is "PM", with a link to a page for composing and sending a Personal Message (Private Message?) to the forum member.

An ICQ contact link may also be available.

Hoot has both PM and email address links. Wildcatter has only the PM link.

A second method of contacting another forum member is to select your "User Control Panel"; a link to your control panel appears on most forum pages after you log in. One of the options from the control panel is "private messages"; selecting that link opens the page for composing and sending Personal/Private messages. The page also contains links to your PM sent messages and received (inbox) messages, so you can see what you sent out.

I'm guessing you sent a PM rather than an email, because wildcatter doesn't have email capability from the forum.

If you sent a PM, you can check whether it was received by looking at the outbox. That's where PMs are stored that you've sent but haven't yet been read.

A side note: I doubt that the webmaster, Mudbug, scans a lot of these posts. To get his attention promptly, post notes like this one in the forum labelled "Site Discussion". Also, send him an email.

Good luck.
--bob
pitted bore

Postby hogbuster » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Thank you Bob for the info on how to do things the right way, Ill try to catch up and thanks to the members trying to help me out. Thanks Hogbuster
hogbuster

Return to Reloading for the 450b