*Hello to all our new members*

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Mdhart79 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome!!
Mdhart79

Postby eeyore » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Members, Thanks for letting me join your forum. I recently put together with the help of a gunsmithing friend a 450b built on a 700 rem adl .243. I'm having feed problems using the original mag box as its too long and the rounds stovepipe. They will single feed from the mag if they are pushed all the way to the rear. I then tried a 223 box and its too wide to single stack rounds and hold tension on them therefore they pop out the top of the mag. Any suggestions
eeyore

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:09 am

Welcome to all of our new members this year! I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the electronic campfire! Pull up a stump! As most of you know already, The last few years of been kind a rough on me, especially the last 12 months. I haven't been able to do what I normally do in regards to range test with the 450 bushmaster. I haven't even been able to go hunting. Hopefully within the next 3 to 6 months I am going to get caught up. Sometime in November, my doctor is supposed to reevaluate my situation, and hopefully release me. That is, if I'm cancer free. So everybody keep your fingers crossed and keep me in your prayers.
My upcoming range test will be on the Barnes 275, the 200 grain COP, and hopefully, some 300 grain shock Waves.
Stay Tuned.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Al in Mi » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:33 am

eeyore wrote:Members, Thanks for letting me join your forum. I recently put together with the help of a gunsmithing friend a 450b built on a 700 rem adl .243. I'm having feed problems using the original mag box as its too long and the rounds stovepipe. They will single feed from the mag if they are pushed all the way to the rear. I then tried a 223 box and its too wide to single stack rounds and hold tension on them therefore they pop out the top of the mag. Any suggestions

I used a SAUM follower in a 308 mag box, so far so good with pointed bullets.

another option would be a AICS DBM, maybe the new cheaper Magpul one will work.
Al in Mi

Postby earlwb » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:09 pm

I just wanted to say hello to everyone in the Forum from here in Texas. I have the 450 Bushmaster parts coming in and so I wanted to see what everyone is doing in respect with it.
Thanks for letting me join the forum too.
earlwb

Postby Pig_Popper » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Pig Popper is reporting for duty , I live and hunt in North Texas and have decided to add a Thumper to the arsenal.

See you around ...
I Smell Bacon
Pig_Popper

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:09 pm

Well! Lookie here! We got 2.... TWO more Texans! Can I get an "AMEN!! PASS THE BACON!!!" ? Welcome guys! Pig popper. Where abouts in N TX ? I'm up here too. You can PM if you don't want to post publically. By the way guys, I posted another video it's just a silly video. Kind of a comedy. It's only a couple minutes long. I made it for a viewer who has been feeling kind of down lately, because he had an accident and it's causing him to have some depression issues so I told him I would make a video for him to cheer him up. It's a silly video, and it's just a bit of fun. Definitely not to be taken seriously. We've been working hard to try to kill a hog this year I have a lot of FLIR video of this herd of hogs but I'm having issues getting it to transfer from the fleer scope over to the computer. So unfortunately I have not been able to make any videos of that yet. I'm still waiting for FLIR to call me back. Anyway guys go over my channel and check out the videos there's also a couple of videos on the 450 bushmaster New Englander style single shot rifle and the new Ruger American rifle in the 450 bushmaster. Oh and yes, there is a video there about politics. But don't worry about that video unless you're one of the snowflakes.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kenn1320 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi 450b lovers, thanks for a great site. Ive been lurking for a couple wks off and on. Im about at the point to start asking questions and ordering parts. Im totally new to the ar platform, but the 450b has my attention. Currently using a cva 44 mag for deer hunting here in Mi, but my son has laid claim to it. :lol:
kenn1320

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:41 am

kenn1320 wrote:Hi 450b lovers, thanks for a great site. Ive been lurking for a couple wks off and on. Im about at the point to start asking questions and ordering parts. Im totally new to the ar platform, but the 450b has my attention. Currently using a cva 44 mag for deer hunting here in Mi, but my son has laid claim to it. :lol:

Welcome to our electronic campfire! You'll love this round. And as I pointed out in your other post, get yourself a good quality upper and lower receiver. But personally I would stay away from the polymer receivers.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby plant_one » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:45 am

welcome!

and like sheepdawg said - i'd definatly be leery of using a poly lower with a big-bore AR. save those for lightweight 223 builds with adjustable gas blocks, or 22lr builds! :)

even the newer reinforced poly lowers, the weak point is where the buffer tube screws into the lower - that "arm" back there. i would not want to subject one of those to the type of abuse a 450 can dish out when it comes to carrier speed/mass moving around - especially if you're gonna handload heavies!
plant_one

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading for the 450b