LeGendre Side Crimp

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

LeGendre Side Crimp

Postby wildcatter » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Ok, after talking to The Gunny A.K.A. GunNut, he describes a condition of shoveling the crud with the case mouth, during chambering.

The LeGendre Side Crimp does "NOT", take the flaring out of the case. You're going to need to do a separate operation and do a Taper Crimp as well, which will further hold the bullet up (bullet pull) and clean all the processes up and make the cartridge look good and function flawlessly.

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: LeGendre Side Crimp

Postby gunnut » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Don't forget to lube the collet from time to time! It can and will stick, making one heck of a tapper crimp. :o
gunnut

Postby thebrassnuckles » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:11 pm

man... you guys need pictures or paint drawing or something... haha..
thebrassnuckles

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:22 am

If you don't have a lathe, I came up with a slick process if you just have a modest drill press that looks professional and functions perfectly. I could photograph it but I'd have to get a new un-modded die to do it right. I'll see if the local reloading shop has one and document it for the team.
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:05 pm

Hoot wrote:If you don't have a lathe, I came up with a slick process if you just have a modest drill press that looks professional and functions perfectly. I could photograph it but I'd have to get a new un-modded die to do it right. I'll see if the local reloading shop has one and document it for the team.
Hoot

That's my Hoot there..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

wildcatter wrote:
Hoot wrote:If you don't have a lathe, I came up with a slick process if you just have a modest drill press that looks professional and functions perfectly. I could photograph it but I'd have to get a new un-modded die to do it right. I'll see if the local reloading shop has one and document it for the team.
Hoot

That's my Hoot there..t

One of the members is going to send me a new FCD to mod for him. I'll do it on the drill press and document the process, with pictures, and post it. Probably be a week or two as he has to order it first.
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Reloading for the 450b