License to Commercially Load 450 Bushmaster?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

License to Commercially Load 450 Bushmaster?

Postby BigBoreAR » Mon May 17, 2010 10:30 am

I searched the forum for a past answer to my question, and didn't find one. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered.
As background information, I have my type 10 FFL, a pressure barrel for testing, and all necessary liability insurance.
I have a small business loading ammo for a small but dedicated group of shooters. I have no aspirations to get any bigger. Mostly, it's a hobby that I legitimized. I'm not trolling for business here.

One of my best customers asked me recently if I could load some 450 Bushmaster cartridges for him with some projectiles that are not currently offered by Hornady or Remington. Operationally, it's not a problem. I just don't know if I need a license from the trademark holder. I tried to call LeMag Firearms, LLC to find out - but their number is disconnected - and I've been unsuccessful finding another number. I tried calling Bushmaster and they told me to call Hornady, who told me to call Bushmaster, who told me to call Hornady. . . . . I didn't even bother with Remington. So I'm at a loss.

I want to be legit here and not run afoul of anybody's mark - I fully believe that the cartridge originator should get their pound of flesh if they want it - as they earned it. I will not load this cartridge unless I get a firm answer to the following question one way or the other. Does anyone know whether I need a license to commercially sell 450 Bushmaster rounds? If so, does anybody know how to get hold of Mr. Tim LeGendre? Or is it a royalty free round that anybody can commercially load - but nobody but Hornady and Remington do so?

Any information would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
BigBoreAR

Re: License to Commercially Load 450 Bushmaster?

Postby thatguy » Mon May 17, 2010 5:17 pm

if you need to contact Tim LeGendre /LeMag PM 'wildcatter' on here.. He is one in the same..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Re: License to Commercially Load 450 Bushmaster?

Postby MudBug » Tue May 18, 2010 1:47 am

see my reply in your other post.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Return to Reloading for the 450b