Dies on sale at MidwayUSA

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Dies on sale at MidwayUSA

Postby Hoot » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Hoot wrote:All's well that ends well. I called Hornady to price the seating plug and body and the nice fellow I spoke to would have no part of it. He's sending me new ones and a spring clip for free. He said it might even make it out before the end of the week.

Hoot

Well, not necessarily all...

The body they sent me is longer than the 450b body, but otherwise ok dimension wise and seems to work fine. When I was on the phone with the CSR, he kept trying to key in the find number for the seating plug and per his remarks, his computer said slide guide. He put it in anyway. Guess what I got? Yep, slide guide. I hate to call them back tomorrow and ask again for a seating plug. The dented one I fixed seems to be working OK. My hats off to them for getting it out and to me in three days.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Colohunter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:18 pm

My dies showed up today. Also the local Sportsmans actually had plenty of reloading components in stock, I was actually able to get some Lil Gun, 225gr FTX's and some CCI primers. That's probably the first time in two years or more that the Sportsmans had what I was looking for in stock. It has typically been a game of checking every couple weeks to catch it in time. Now I can finally load some up.
Colohunter

Postby Colohunter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to order a shell holder with the dies, the box says use a #1 shell holder. I usually use Lee holder and that is what I have on hand, though looking at my LNL AP shell holder it looks like the #1 is the same as 308, 30-06, etc. Is that correct?
Colohunter

Postby Hoot » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:42 pm

For me, a Lee #2 fits like a glove. Also, an RCBS #3 works and it's a little more relaxed fit. Not sure what others have found though.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby BD1 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:40 am

I've used my .45 acp shell holder with no issues.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby Colohunter » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 am

Alright, I'll give those a try, thanks guys.
Colohunter

Postby bushmeister » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Well my dies and shell holder came in today, and what do you know, I qualify for 100 free (well cheap after shipping charges anyway) bullets! Unfortunately, the ftx's arent on the free list. http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/pro ... d-Form.pdf
bushmeister

Postby Hoot » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:56 pm

What's a zip spindle ?

Hoot
Hoot

Postby Colohunter » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 pm

It's their name for their depriming system.
Colohunter

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b