Hornady ammo in stock

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Hornady ammo in stock

Postby jg5254 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:06 pm

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/ ... r&x=9&y=14

I did not know where else to post. same price as midway.. At these prices I realy need to get set up for reloading..
jg5254

Re: Hornady ammo in stock

Postby Hoot » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Welcome aboard and if you're on the lookout for 450b ammo, here's good ammo search engine. Check it frequently as stock and prices change like the spot oil market. If you go to the top level of the engine, you can set your search criteria for any caliber you might be interested in. Some of the lower priced resellers aren't showing up right now in the 450b search results, perhaps because they don't have any in stock at the moment. That's why it pays to check often and if you find the price you want, be ready to move on it before it goes out of stock again. Of course, as you said, it pays even more to reload. I have my doubts that this caliber will ever become so pervasive as to give us more than one or two manufacturers, who due to their scarcity, will command what the market will bear. A year ago, I would have considered paying fifty cents to one dollar for just the bullet and a dollar for one new piece of brass grounds for not ever choosing the caliber that commands such a high premium for it's reloading components. Unfortunately, I stepped on this fly paper and now feel compelled to struggle in vain to free myself from it's grasp.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby gunnut » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:37 am

LOL@Hoots fly paper! Just how many times have you reloaded your brass? :D I've reloaded some of mine 6 to 7 times now. so far only loses are at the range and I'm pushing 45grns of lil'gun under a 230grn fmj with the side crimp.,close to 2600fps. Showing some signs of over pressure, might back off to 44grns.or switch to 296. How is your brass study going? I just check min and max. so far none are too short or too long. Should I retire them based on number of reloads? or go untill failure? Any and all comments are welcome. This place is the tempel of the reloading gods! :D
gunnut

Postby Colohunter » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:44 am

I use a brass catcher with my ARs to make sure I get all my brass back. My 450 is the most expensive for brass, followed by the 6.8SPC, not too expensive when you compare, but I still hate losing brass. I also shoot 300 Whisper. That brass is technically free since I use range pick up 223 brass for it, but I have to but each piece down just below the shoulder and reform the brass, so I can't stand losing that brass either due to the sweat equity in each piece.
Colohunter

Postby jg5254 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:46 am

Thanks Hoot, that was helpful
jg5254

Return to Reloading for the 450b