350 legend

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 350 legend

Postby PRKL8R » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Being an old semi-retired part-time worker at an essential facility; I still got furloughed because of pre-existing health issues. All of this idle time is expensive . Always a big fan of 35 caliber. Have or owned most of them (.357mag,35Rem,356Win.,358Win,35Whelend). At one time I was about to buy a .350Rem mag , but that carbine would take the hide off my shoulder as well as my cheek. I digress. While cruising internet got on Bear Creek site and they had a very tempting deal on complete .350 Legend uppers($239). Ordered one and two days later on my doorstep. Now I have all reloading goodies on the way. Has anyone worked with this one enough to offer suggestions. I plan to use Lil'gun and Win.296 with bullets 125gr. to 180. Was wandering if anybody tried a 200gr. That would place this round in league with .35Rem Maybe a little better. Floor is open. LOL
"a citizenry armed with riles cannot be tyrannized." Jeff Cooper
PRKL8R

Postby Rklenke » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:55 pm

I'm using the Lee 200 grain gas check mold with decent results. I've used LG, H110, and Shooters World Blackout. So far I like the H110 the best, but LG is not far behind. It should be a good deer bullet.
Rklenke

Postby PRKL8R » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:07 pm

Got my reloading supplies for 350 LGND ( 147 xtp's, 170 interlocks,Lee dies ,a Lee Fcd, and a Lyman ammo checker). I had powders, primers and a supply of starline brass. Also had a few .357 mag and 9mm bullits left from times gone by, also plenty .358 diameter pills to try. Loaded a couple dummy rounds to check if the .357 or .358 bullets could be used. Neither would chamber in the Lyman checker. Those loaded with 9mm----.355 fit wonderfully. Since I bought a 16" BCA upper I going to start with Lil'l gun, WSR prmers and the recommended OAL. When I get the chance to test will report in the general reloading forum. I hate the fact that .355 may be the only bullets . But there is a pretty decent number to choose from, and a lot of 9mm for plinking. Heck the price of factory ammo is affordable for non-reloaders. P.S. The reason for Lil'gun instead of 296Win or H110 is the shorter barrel and Lil'gun a little faster burn than the other two. No doubt they will be tried next.
"a citizenry armed with riles cannot be tyrannized." Jeff Cooper
PRKL8R

Previous

Return to Firearms