More Remington stupidity!

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: More Remington stupidity!

Postby wildcatter » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Colohunter wrote:
Indy Joe wrote:You think the 450 ammo situation is bad ? Try to get ammo or even brass for the 30 Remington AR!

That's a cartidge that seemed to drop off the radar pretty quickly. But I started shooting the 300 Fireball (Whisper) a couple years ago and unless you wanted to spend $40/20 rounds, you pretty much had to reload. Now that the 300 Blackout is getting more attention, it is getting easier to find barrels, ammo, etc.

I don't know about you guys, but just for grins, I searched one source and it immediately came up with 21 other sources for 30AR ammo.

Sure, you're not going to find the 30AR at the 7-11, like you might find the 308, but then again the 308 has nearly a 60 YEAR head start. Guess, you just gotta look under the right rocks. Try This, (http://ammoseek.com/?gun=rifle&cal=164& ... sortby=cpr), and this is only one source, from thousands you could search.

Wanna see something really revealing? At AMMO-SEEK, type in the key word area, "450 Bushmaster", then compare the hits to a 458 SOCOM Search (Which if it wasn't for Corbon, who is thinking of also dropping that line and building ours instead, there wouldn't be any of that ammo available!!), now try 50 Beowulf. The phrase, "Poor Souls", comes to mind.

You think Remmy has troubles, them poor guys, that bought those other Big Bore AR's can't get anything and are using words like "Bait and Switched", Lawyers & talk about "Class Action Suits" and any other manor of grousing can be read on the Net, about such matters.

So, a little perspective is necessary here. My 3 year old, used to stomp his feet, exclaiming, "I'm Mad - I'm Mad", when asked, "What are you Mad at", he'd remark, that he didn't know. Now, we're not three, but we ain't a hundred and three either, meaning, Rome wasn't built over night We can get everything we've ever wanted, some things just take a little longer. In the last couple of days, I rode with some guys that were Road Raging and I had to explain a principle I live by. Col. Cooper taught me the following phrase.."Never let someone else dictate the terms of your existence" or better said by Rodger Miller in the old song, "You can't roller skate in a Buffalo Herd, but you can have fun if you a mind to!"

So, complain if you must (just not at me, in person), but then go around the problem and solve the darn thing. We're MEN and we get it done or we Kill it, right!!!!..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thatguy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:41 am

Last yr I found a used complete 50Beo at a gun show for about $550 - I started to buy and part it out (i just wanted the lower) but figured with the ammo shortage I would have trouble GIVING the upper away to anyone with any sense at all..

I feel lucky that i chose the 450B over the other two big bores.. both the 458S and 50B have a lot of pluses, but ammo cost/availability isnt one of them for sure..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby BayouBob » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:44 am

Just hope the folks at Hornady never get bought out by the Cerberus bean counters!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Clipity » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Beo= Sorry, no items matched your criteria. Try broadening your search.

Maybe that is why over at beyond5.56 their is no one that can give ballistic data for it. Yet it seems like everyone and their brother has or is building one. AA must be making a lot of $$$ off their proprietary ammo.
Clipity

Postby akula682 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:44 am

Hoot wrote:Note, I do not know for certain whether the R15 450 is actually discontinued. It's just something I remember reading on the internet.

Hoot

:o :o :o :o OMG!!!! you mean Everything on the internet isnt true!!!
Josh

"do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson
akula682

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:28 am

akula682 wrote:
Hoot wrote:Note, I do not know for certain whether the R15 450 is actually discontinued. It's just something I remember reading on the internet.

Hoot

:o :o :o :o OMG!!!! you mean Everything on the internet isnt true!!!

Blame Algore. Afterall, he invented it... :roll:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Previous

Return to Firearms