More Remington stupidity!

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

More Remington stupidity!

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am

Response from Remmy about the lack of availability of Rem factory ammo for 450b: "We have currently stopped production on the .450 Bushmaster cartridge for this year. Next year we will start producing it again in a limited run. We currently do no have the production schedule."

More top-quality customer service from our buddies at Freedom Group! :evil:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: More Remington stupidity!

Postby Colohunter » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Isn't ammo normally produced in batches? I wonder if that means they are scaling back, or if it is the batches they originally planned for.
Colohunter

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:31 pm

FWIW, next year is a little over three weeks away.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that they discontinued the R15 450. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Note, I do not know for certain whether the R15 450 is actually discontinued. It's just something I remember reading on the internet.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Indy Joe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 pm

You think the 450 ammo situation is bad ? Try to get ammo or even brass for the 30 Remington AR!
Indy Joe

Postby BillytheKid » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:24 pm

As I recall, the rumor surrounding the discontinued R-15 was only because they changed camo patterns.

I think I have about 100 rounds or so of their .450b ammo. I sighted in using the Hornady, so that's what I took hunting. Those green tips on the Remington ammo sure looks pretty. I guess that makes it be best ammo I never shot! LOL
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Colohunter » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Indy Joe wrote:You think the 450 ammo situation is bad ? Try to get ammo or even brass for the 30 Remington AR!

That's a cartidge that seemed to drop off the radar pretty quickly. But I started shooting the 300 Fireball (Whisper) a couple years ago and unless you wanted to spend $40/20 rounds, you pretty much had to reload. Now that the 300 Blackout is getting more attention, it is getting easier to find barrels, ammo, etc.
Colohunter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Don't waste your time calling Freedom Group. Hammer the other guys and Hornady. I'm through buying remmy ANYTHING.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:38 pm

The Rem version 450b looks to be still in production, it shows in their current catalog, with Mossy Oak New Break-Up camo, 18" barrel. Lots of internet listings, but none in stock anywhere that I could find. Hmmm....no ammo in stock; no rifles in stock....Remington marketing at its best, again. :?
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:52 pm

commander faschisto wrote:The Rem version 450b looks to be still in production, it shows in their current catalog, with Mossy Oak New Break-Up camo, 18" barrel. Lots of internet listings, but none in stock anywhere that I could find. Hmmm....no ammo in stock; no rifles in stock....Remington marketing at its best, again. :?

I think I saw that musical a few years back. IIRC, it was called "How to fail in business without really trying". To think how they once commanded such a loyal following. Remember successes like the Xpress, Power Piston, Corelokt, Almighty 700, 870, 1100, 742, you name it. A sad state of affairs now for such a huge legacy of hits. Call me sentimental, but it's truly heartbreaking. Heck, I learned to type on a Remington Electric Typewriter when I was in high school. Not pretty, but reliable. Take my wife, please! ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Hijack alert! Hoot=young whipper-snapper...back in my day, I had to learn to type on a Remington MANUAL typewriter. Required for H.S. graduation in Missouri back then. You can imagine how thrilled the students, and teachers, were about that state of affairs!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Next

Return to Firearms