CMP M1 trip

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

CMP M1 trip

Postby Aries » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Went to the CMP with my son, Father in law and Brother in law. We pick out three M1 Garands! This was a few years ago.
It was on my bucket list.
CMP--- http://www.odcmp.com/

Lots of M1s
still looking
almost
my son.
Father in law
all mine!
Aries
Aries

Re: CMP M1 trip

Postby kottke_35 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Beautiful piece of machinery there sir. On my list to acquire for sure.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Aries » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks. It is like a Cadallic. I hope you are able to get one as well.
Aries
Aries

Postby Colohunter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Very nice, those are very tempting...
Colohunter

Postby Aries » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:15 pm

It was very cool,to pick one out yourself. I think I looked for 4 hours until I found,"the one"
Aries
Aries

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:54 pm

There are over one million Garands sitting in colmolene in warehouses in South Korea...they were being readied for wholesaler shipments back to the U.S., until, that is, the Obummer administration decided they were too much of a threat to the security of the American public to let them into the country, whereupon they were denied import licenses. Don't forget to vote. :evil:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Jim in Houston » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:01 am

H.R. 615: Collectible Firearms Protection Act was introduced in Congress in February of 2011 to permit the importation of the S. Korean M1's (and other guns that are more than 50 years old and considered collectable). The latest news I could find about it was that the 124th co sponsor joine in October last year, so it is still alive. There is also a companion bill in the Senate (good luck with that). Anyway, fodder for a letter to your duly elected representative.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby bushmeister » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:12 pm

I'd like to get one of the international harvester models.
bushmeister

Postby Aries » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:02 pm

bushmeister wrote:I'd like to get one of the international harvester models.

That would be nice. I got a Springfield. They also had several M1 carbines when I went. None for sale now or late They arent getting any more. One of the M1 carbines I carried around for a bit was an IBM made. I wish I would have bought it.
Aries
Aries

Postby Hoot » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:20 pm

I once had a nice collection of military rifles. One was a 1954 (bought for the year I was born) H&R Garand that was real close to new condition, that I bought from a collector who was in financial distress. IIRC, most of the components matched on it, but not all. Anyway, I ran a few boxes of HXP through it and it shot very well. It must have been cursed though as our family fell upon financial distress in 2008 and I had to sell it to yet another collector. The fellow drooled over it when he came to look at it and that wallet was out of his pocket faster than a cat can wink his eye. I sold it for what I paid for it, so it was a wash. It was fun for a brief moment shooting it, then it got cleaned and put back in the safe. The magic was never there for me. Not like my G3 or Izzy FAL. I don't know why. Ditto on my M14S, which had a fantastic Winchester trigger group and hand fitted TRW bolt. It was the most accurate .308 military autoloader I owned, but again, it didn't get my blood going. The NM stock never felt right in my hand and I have normal to big hands. They come, they go. I put more rounds through my 450b than all four of them combined.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Next

Return to Firearms