It all started with one EVIL pink rifle.

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

It all started with one EVIL pink rifle.

Postby B swift » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:52 pm

:o

Got my daughter a pink stock for her 10-22. Big mistake! Next thing I know I got my first AR 15. Nothing against that hot little number but it wasn't doing it for me. I needed a 7.62! Couldn't find one. Looking, looking and got the .450 Bushmaster upper to hold me over until I scored the Sig. 716. Now there are three AR style carbines and a pink plinker (*Trainer) in my little cabinet.

How did your evolution to the thumper start off?
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Re: It all started with one EVIL pink rifle.

Postby B swift » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:00 pm

She also has a cool pink lanyard for her Spyderco Paramilitary

~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:21 pm

I've been shooting for most of my life. Mostly for self defense, and some fun target shooting too. When my son was on his way back from Afghanistan, I turned to my brother (the big hunter) to help me. I wanted something that he and I and my son could all do together and hunting was it. Not having a hunting rifle for myself, my brother suggested the .450 Bushmaster. He bases his recommendation on some reading he had done, and the availability and price of the ammo. Certainly, availibility and price of ammo would be a huge indicator of how long a weapon system would be around. I jumped on it, and haven't looked back.

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:07 am

It all started back in 2010.
Bushmaster XM15 carbine with a fluted HBar barrel.
Today, I have a trio.
XM15 (top). With its' ATN Night vision scope setup.
Custom 6.5 Grendel 24" (middle)
Custom 450 Bushmaster 20" (bottom)
A more recent picture of my Thumper
The XM15 after I free floated the barrel, installed a flush gas block and installed a YHM diamond
Quad tube.
I'm waiting for my EOTech for this rifle now. The scope pictured has been removed.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby paulmark3010 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Go Dawg! I am just about done with my 300 Blackout. Will post pics soon. :twisted:
paulmark3010

Postby B swift » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Some serious sickness going on here! :twisted:

My modest arsenal is restricted by my budget and my state. Cheap as dirt off list lowers with a few after market accessories. :|

The Nikon M-308 finally shipped and should be here next week. On back order since late July. That will top off the Sig. With glass on my guns I think I'll be done shopping for a while?

Oh wait! Still want to upgrade the trigger assy.!
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 pm

I cancelled my EOTech order after Optics Planet kept pushing my order back. Ordered it in July and they told me two weeks. This went on up until a couple weeks ago and they told me the end of November. Told them to forget it, I was tired of being stuffed on the top self.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby jerdebson » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:59 pm

I can't remember how many ARs I have had but I got my own first AR in the 70s. I had several Pre Ban 5.56s both carbine and rifle length. Now I have:

*an early Post Ban Colt Match Target Competition HBAR II Rifle that I re-barreled with an Evolution Match Barrel, MagPul PRS stock, custom match trigger,
*an AR15 Performance 16" SOCOM barrel and bolt 5.56 with his ITS Custom lower, MagPul ACS stock that I built,
*an AR15 Performance 18" SPR barrel and bolt 6.8x43 with his ARP lower, A2 stock, green hog light, red lazer/white light combo that I built
*the 450B is my latest itch that needed to be scratched, it is a Bushmaster 20" upper, Bushmaster lower, RRA 2 Stage Match Trigger, Gunnys A1 stock with Limbsaver pad, and a reducer I had laying around,

*I am building three other AeroPrecision lowers /w/ RRA lower parts kits /w/ RRA 2 stage match triggers for a friends 5.56s and his 450B
*I am building one AeroPrecision lower /w/ RRA lower parts kits /w/ RRA 2 stage match trigger for myself for what ever comes next,

That pretty much runs down my AR history. I used to have a Semi-Custom 300Win Mag but sold it to a young friend that needed an Elk rifle, I also hunt with a 270 Win and a 6mm-284 and have a 22 Lb. 6mm-284 for 1000 yards
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby East TN » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I cancelled my EOTech order after Optics Planet kept pushing my order back. Ordered it in July and they told me two weeks. This went on up until a couple weeks ago and they told me the end of November. Told them to forget it, I was tired of being stuffed on the top self.

TSD,

You might want to check EOTECH availability at http://www.red-dot-scopes.com/eotech-brand.htm. I had been on the waiting list for a G33 magnifier since July. Shipped last week. It looks like they have their EOTECHS in stock. They told me the military took all that was manufactured this summer.
East TN

Postby B swift » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:52 pm

My latest optic on the Sig 716 (Nikon M-308) Can't wait to get this zeroed and stretch it out. :)

~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Next

Return to Firearms