Love my new Beretta Nano

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Love my new Beretta Nano

Postby cptrifeg2 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:58 pm

So with the job I have a travel to a few bad areas. I have carried concealed for years with a glock 30 when I was 280 pounds I hid it well under my fat lol. Well now im only 235 and frankly there is no comfortable way to carry that thick of a hunk of metal. I know what you thinking..go with a single stack 45ACP..I hadn't found any I liked that would actually fit in my pocket other than the new XDS subcompact but it still is just a little big to completely conceal in an office environment (although I plan to buy one for my truck lol). The Nano's construction feels just as good if not a little better than my Glock 30. The Nano slide actually has sturdier railing system on the lower receiver than my glock does leading to quite accurate shooting from what I've seen.

Tada!
The Nano comes with a quality cable lock and 2 mags
It literally fits in my front pocket without printing when I sit down.
It's ulta thin about the same cross section as my thumb from side view. I did order mag extensions that prevent my pinking from dangling and bring my round cout from 5+1 to 7+1

here are some other goodies I ordered as the mag extensions have a 4 week Back Order-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FoxX-Leather-Ky ... 35c14ccc26
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200787518724?ss ... 1497.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380462119394?ss ... 1497.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200794854054?ss ... 1497.l2649

I hope to put a few hundred rounds through it this week to break it in.

"Soldier's dont rise to the occasion, but fall to their level of training".
cptrifeg2

Re: Love my new Beretta Nano

Postby wildcatter » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:31 pm

That's pretty slick, is it a 9 or 40??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Ghost Dog » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:44 pm

I've been looking at the Nano and the Shield. Thinking about getting one or the the other. Let us know how it shoots.
Good review from hickok 45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXxpkM7q_2E

Good luck on the new gun!
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby cptrifeg2 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:33 pm

it's 9mm. while i havent fired mine yet, i fired a friends with the mag extensions/ pearson grips it is perfect. while i would not call myself an expert, I spent several years as a pistol/ small arms trainer (MP). For comparison's sake on how a weapon handles for a carry situation I do 50-100 jumping jacks 30-40 pushups immediately get up, holster then draw for point shooting at 25 yards , 35 yrds and 50 yrds. This mimics tons of adrenaline pounding through you lungs, hands and chest. 50 yard point shooting isnt really necessary but i do it to prove to those im training you can take quick accurate shots at range and still hit a person consistently with practice early and often. While the nano is not the weapon for 50 yard shooting the 25-35 yard zone is really farther than most encounters and the Nano is like a tac driver at that range. some find the sandpaper surface grips with pearson grips a great combo. I have large hands but just wrap my left around the trigger guard to complete the weaver style grip. being a 9mm i have very tight groups in controlled pairs (aimed) out to 25 yards. no more than 3 inches at 35 yards which really attests to the weapons craftsmanship. keep in mind i target shoot pistol twice a month (about 300 total rounds) for the past decade. If you are diehard 45 APC, then the XDS was my second overall choice for many of the same reasons, but it jumps like hell on the controlled pair/ double tap due to the short barrel and the draw time...with the IWB holster i had to practice with the XDS not to snag the front sight but everyone carries at different angles..that was just me.
The Diamond back and ruger I fired were fine but did not have the same smooth trigger pull or consistant ejection with +P ammo I would like. Realize with any of the pocket 9mms you do not want to target fire with anything larger than 124 grains and no +P or hybrid powder for everyday shooting. the +p is just to practice feel once in a while and know how it will feel when it counts. there are excessive wear warnings for continued use of this ammo type with pocket pistols.

cptrifeg2

Postby cptrifeg2 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:32 pm

UPDATE- 500 rounds later not a single jam, misfeed or malfunction using mostly 115grain Remington hollow points and 50 rounds of Hornady critical defense. The talon rubber grips are amazing, they really do tighten up your shot groups with small pistols. The Pearson mag grips for Kahr 9mm are working great while waiting for the OEM mag extensions or for long term use if 6+1 is fine with you vs 8+1. I've tried a variety of holsters and the
Desantis 019 Mini Scabbard Belt Holster RH is by far my favorite hip holster. the Foxx IWB is my conceal at work holster.Image All in all this is the best CC pistol I have used that can end a threat quickly.

cptrifeg2

Postby codyaaron » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 pm

even me im loving your beretta nano its really beautiful dude cant take my eyes of that gun lovely

--aaron
I wish i had henckels knife because then I could keep both Dracula and Superman away
codyaaron

Postby kottke_35 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 pm

codyaaron wrote:even me im loving your beretta nano its really beautiful dude cant take my eyes of that gun lovely

--aaron

Welcome to the camp fire!

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:10 am

codyaaron wrote:even me im loving your beretta nano its really beautiful dude cant take my eyes of that gun lovely

--aaron

Yep! Welcome to our Electronic Campfire!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Firearms