Whats your favorite gun?

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Whats your favorite gun?

Postby Buckshot Willy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:59 am

I am proud on several of my guns.

My Remington 700 Police, since this has always been a dream gun for me.
Equipped with a 6/20 x 44 Nikon Monarch scope in .308, a Jewell trigger, which I installed myself and a Harris bipod.

My AR-15, since this one is built with some parts I got from a deceased friend on who I dedicated the gun.
This particular gun is a 9 mm with a 12 inch barrel and an A2 Colt upper reciever.
This is the gun where I want the .450 Bushy for.

And than there is my SIG 551 SWAT, which has been built to my specifications.
Lothar Walther Heavy barrel with dome decorative flutes and an intergrated compensator.
A triggerjob by Michaël Ming in Switzerland and a 552 lower on its way for the use of AR 15 mags to speed up reloads on dynamic matches.

Sice I live in the Netherlands I am only allowed to have 5 guns.
Too bad we don't have a 2nd amendment.
Buckshot Willy

Postby Hoot » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:07 am

Buckshot Willy wrote:I am proud on several of my guns.

Equipped with a 6/20 x 44 Nikon Monarch scope in .308, a Jewell trigger, which I installed myself and a Harris bipod.

My AR-15, since this one is built with some parts I got from a deceased friend on who I dedicated the gun.
This particular gun is a 9 mm with a 12 inch barrel and an A2 Colt upper reciever.

Lothar Walther Heavy barrel with dome decorative flutes and an intergrated compensator.
A triggerjob by Michaël Ming in Switzerland and a 552 lower on its way for the use of AR 15 mags to speed up reloads on dynamic matches.

Yeah, but at least you don't have to worry about calculating the POI change from shooting uphill or downhill. ;)

Also, quantity is not a substitute for quality. You made some excellent choices in your guns. I know many people with 2x, 3x, 4x, etc that number of guns and they sit in the safe, longing for a caress. :|

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:10 am

Buckshot Willy wrote:I am proud on several of my guns.

FYI.. Ya got me thinking about something I haven't thought much about lately. The 700 Police is the Civilian version of the M-24 U.S. ARMY Sniper Rifle.

In the mid to late 1980's, I was asked to help build, what was only a Concept then and Remmy or any one else had-not won the "Build Contract" yet. The Concept was the XM-24. We did build it, but the fact that it shot two (2) different cartridges (the 7.62x51 & the 300 Winchester Magnum), was my Concept Contribution, to the Program. To this day, the M-24, is deployed as a kit shooting both of those cartridges.

I argued and lost, for a Cartridge I had just built and is now known as the .338 Lapua. When that didn't fly, I argued for the 338 Winchester, again no-go. So then I argued for the 300win-mag on the 338 win case, to make a longer neck, Nope. So, it remains the 308 and the 300WM..

..t

PS.. I'm sorry you live in the Netherlands with those restrictions, but don't feel so bad, we're trying to catch up to you guy's law structure and maybe we'll even by-pass you and end up left of Moscow, yet..t

PSS.. I'd love to have a Sig 551 SWAT, how about a trade for a Remington "First Run" R15 450 Bushmaster??
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Previous

Return to Firearms