AR-15 hunting rifle idea

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: AR-15 hunting rifle idea

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:Don't know if this belongs here or not, but on Wednesday night, 9 pm EST on the Discovery Channel, Sons of Guns will reinvent the Bushmaster 450 without all of the compatibility aspects of the Bushmaster. Per the channel notes, "Will and the RJ crew create a muscled up, silenced, night stalking AR to take down the wild hogs that are tearing up Louisiana farm land."

Can't wait.

We'll have to wait and see, but I hear it's their version of the 458 socom..AND..what "compatibility aspects of the Bushmaster"?..I don't have a clue here, can someone, at this point, guess, what it is they are talking about?..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 9x19MdM » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:26 pm

wildcatter wrote:We'll have to wait and see, but I hear it's their version of the 458 socom..

..t

The round they flashed on the screen the other day looked like a 458 to me. I had to google images of the 458 and the bewoulf to see how they looked.

9x19MdM

Postby Ghost Dog » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Commander, the ar-57 ejects thru the mag well.
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Rodger the AR-57 mag well ejection...thanks. Does anyone know why they made the 5.7mm, which is just a centerfire .22 mag? I can guess it was to get rid of the rimmed cartridge...?

Must watch the show Wed night to see what the heck they're up to. :?:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Previous

Return to Firearms