Christmas Judge

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Christmas Judge

Postby BayouBob » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:23 pm

My kids are both grown up and this year they gave me a "grown up" Christmas present, a Taurus Judge "Public Defender." I had played with the Judge several times at gun shops but didn't really see the utility of it for myself. I've got plenty of handguns of several sizes for defense and both big and little ones for hunting so there didn't seem to be a niche for the Judge to fill. I was wrong; what a neat revolver! I can't show the picture of the target because it might considered a "politically incorrect" picture. The .45 Long Colt rounds put 4 shots between the eyes at 50 feet off hand. The .410 00 buck rounds printed a 2 inch pattern at 10 feet, a 4 inch pattern at 20 feet and a 6 inch pattern at 30 feet. The .410 #6 shot made a pretty wide pattern at 30 feet but it would still put a few pellets in a rabbit. Recoil isn't bad and the little gun is light and easy to pack. A hog that gets jumped in a thicket is in trouble. I'm going to carry it with 2 double ought loads, 2 45 Colt loads and 1 #6 shot load in case one of our swamp cottonmouths pokes his head up. Thanks kids!
Attachments
judge2.jpg
judge2.jpg (61.52 KiB) Viewed 13274 times
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Re: Christmas Judge

Postby bushmeister » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:56 pm

BayouBob wrote: I can't show the picture of the target because it might considered a "politically incorrect" picture.

"O" my!
bushmeister

Postby thatguy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 am

How hard is it to handle? Is the recoil a handful?

just wondering
b
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby BayouBob » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:05 am

thatguy wrote:How hard is it to handle? Is the recoil a handful?

just wondering
b

I was suprised how mild the recoil is even with the compact grip.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby BillytheKid » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:45 pm

bushmeister wrote:
BayouBob wrote: I can't show the picture of the target because it might considered a "politically incorrect" picture.

"O" my!

does that mean the target is a photo of Bill Maher???

LOL
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby BayouBob » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:47 pm

I would consider that a very appropriate target photo!
BayouBob

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:27 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
bushmeister wrote:

"O" my!

does that mean the target is a photo of Bill Maher???

LOL

That would show your excellent marksman skills as
Bill Maher is a PIN Head...
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:43 pm

:D Congrats on the judge... very nice! :? i'm a bit jealous though :? mind didn't show up under the tree :roll: maybe next year! :mrgreen:
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby dcbeattie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:24 pm

I bought a 'public defender' last year. I just shot some .45's out of it last weekend. I was surprised that it was pretty tame. And accurate enough at revolver ranges. A friend has the bigger model that uses three inch shells and has a slightly longer barrel. We didn't see a big gain in the pattern size from his to my little one. He got a nice set of Crimson trace laser grips for his. To bad they don't fit on mine.. and they don't have any that do right now. Laserlyte.com has one that fits on the sideplate.
This last fall we were shooting at clay birds out of trap. If you stand directly behind the trap, at the ready, you can actually hit one once in a while.
I notice that your's has a different hammer than mine. Mine is more bobbed. I you happen to go the the Laserlyte site, http://www.laserlyte.com/Laser_Gun_Sigh ... CK-TA.html you can see the bobbed hammer like mine.
Duke Beattie
Are we having fun yet?
dcbeattie

Return to Firearms