80% lowers

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

80% lowers

Postby tbirdman74 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:13 pm

So, I'm exploring the possibility of purchasing a couple 80% lowers. Not worried about the machining process, got that handled. My question is, if I were to engrave/stamp/machine a logo of some sort, and also a serial number (for my own purposes) would it then become a manufactured firearm? Serial number only in case of theft and/or identification purposes. Also, is there a way to prove that its an 80% lower to law enforcement once completed, so as not to have to go thru the hassle of being accused of having a firearm with no manufacture name/location/serial numbers? I'd really rather not fight that battle if I don't have to.
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Re: 80% lowers

Postby wildcatter » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:08 pm

tbirdman74 wrote:So, I'm exploring the possibility of purchasing a couple 80% lowers. Not worried about the machining process, got that handled. My question is, if I were to engrave/stamp/machine a logo of some sort, and also a serial number (for my own purposes) would it then become a manufactured firearm? Serial number only in case of theft and/or identification purposes. Also, is there a way to prove that its an 80% lower to law enforcement once completed, so as not to have to go thru the hassle of being accused of having a firearm with no manufacture name/location/serial numbers? I'd really rather not fight that battle if I don't have to.

Best thing to do is to get a hold of Local BATFE. Some Agents define the problem differently, but in any case make sure you go the distance to making it Extra-Legal, even if you are told something isn't necessary..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Firearms