New .223 Comp

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

New .223 Comp

Postby MarkCO » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:22 pm

I like to fiddle with parts to try and make them better. When I looked at comps, there were a lot of "designs" but very few that were engineered really well. I worked with another manufacturer on a comp and I finally relented and made a prototype of the comp I designed last year. Well, dang it, it works well.

Thought some of you might enjoy seeing the first fruits of the testing. These are the first 4 rounds. There are some more videos on the YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPEpKJv8gf4&feature=c4-overview&list=UURO3fYNNxvnC4fh8fwF0CBg
MarkCO

Re: New .223 Comp

Postby wildcatter » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:49 pm

MarkCO wrote:I like to fiddle with parts to try and make them better. When I looked at comps, there were a lot of "designs" but very few that were engineered really well. I worked with another manufacturer on a comp and I finally relented and made a prototype of the comp I designed last year. Well, dang it, it works well.

Thought some of you might enjoy seeing the first fruits of the testing. These are the first 4 rounds. There are some more videos on the YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPEpKJv8gf4&feature=c4-overview&list=UURO3fYNNxvnC4fh8fwF0CBg

Marky, a tip here. Get a hold of GunNut, here on this board.

He has the real deal data on "Recoil" and it effects and how to mitigate it or how to better manipulate it.

After more than a dozen phone calls, what I found out about the best Comps is disgusting. None and I mean None of them used anything more than Poor Subjective Data Collection Techniques to make their assertions.

The Gunny uses Real Deal Science to "Objectively" study the various Comps on the market..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Firearms