.45 Raptor

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

.45 Raptor

Postby Gruger » Fri May 09, 2014 6:03 am

Gruger, german Thumper.
Gruger

Re: .45 Raptor

Postby Kiwi Greg » Fri May 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Oh dear, I was thinking about putting the 450 BM into my CA10..........might have another cunning plan on the horizon for Terminator Products :D
Kiwi Greg

Postby kottke_35 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:51 pm

I read about this a few weeks ago and thought to myself, "why not a 450LM instead if this?" Interesting concept but nothing better than we have with the 450 bm or the optional 450LM.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat May 10, 2014 12:17 am

Is the Raptor just a 450 LM? Is this a patent piracy or what?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Sun May 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Is the Raptor just a 450 LM? Is this a patent piracy or what?

Yup and I have the paper work to handle it.

But this is something I rejected long ago. The mag Will-Not hold the cartridges very well. With a full mag slapped into the offside hand, the cartridges dump from the mag. And it being a kind-of a rimless 460... the case working back and forth (.473 to.480), in the sizing operation is to assure no more than three reloads and usually allot less. I for one hate incipient case head separations. I've been hurt by them. To say nothing to destroying the equipment.

This is a great exercise for the uninitiated, but for the Professional it is folly. I do have some cures and one day, I'll get to them, but even then it'll only prolly be a custom proposition..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bigboreshooter » Fri May 23, 2014 6:07 pm

wildcatter wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Is the Raptor just a 450 LM? Is this a patent piracy or what?

But this is something I rejected long ago. The mag Will-Not hold the cartridges very well. With a full mag slapped into the offside hand, the cartridges dump from the mag. And it being a kind-of a rimless 460... the case working back and forth (.473 to.480), in the sizing operation is to assure no more than three reloads and usually allot less. I for one hate incipient case head separations. I've been hurt by them. To say nothing to destroying the equipment.

This is a great exercise for the uninitiated, but for the Professional it is folly. I do have some cures and one day, I'll get to them, but even then it'll only prolly be a custom proposition..

..t

That is a pure smack in the face "T" I hope you sue them good and the writer. I can't believe he had the gual to say it had quite a thump to it. There is only one true Thumper and we all know who invented it.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby wildcatter » Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 pm

bigboreshooter wrote:
wildcatter wrote:

..t

That is a pure smack in the face "T" I hope you sue them good and the writer. I can't believe he had the gual to say it had quite a thump to it. There is only one true Thumper and we all know who invented it.

Nah, BBS..

I'm not the suing kind. All three/year that they'll make, makes suing a kind of non-sequitur (I'm trying to impress Hoot again). The profits from three or so weapons, won't pay for the lawyers they'll need when their customers start suing them for producing such tripe. No, if 308 length cartridge is in your dreams, give me the LM and it's far Superior Performance and total reliability. Right Gunny?!?!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat May 24, 2014 2:11 am

Someone has read First Corinthians Chapt 6.....
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Sun May 25, 2014 8:03 pm

Nah, BBS..

I'm not the suing kind. All three/year that they'll make, makes suing a kind of non-sequitur (I'm trying to impress Hoot again). The profits from three or so weapons, won't pay for the lawyers they'll need when their customers start suing them for producing such tripe. No, if 308 length cartridge is in your dreams, give me the LM and it's far Superior Performance and total reliability. Right Gunny?!?!

..t

----------------------------------------------
----------------------
---------

Witness, Gunny Here showing the way. After he loads the mag NOTICE that he bangs the mag on the table without the cartridges dumping from the mag, which happened every-time I tried such tests using 308 cases, mated to a 45cal bullets from any magazine designed for pure 308's. The LM is not only Reliable, it out performs the 458WM! Try that with the Rupture (Wink)!

The Rupture (wink), to me, is a "Buyer-Beware" preposition. Believe me, It would be fun to shoot, but in my "Minds Eye", this conversion has "ISSUES". Maybe you don't mind and maybe you really-really would mind. Pick your Poison..

..t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCcI_ntAJtg
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Return to Firearms