Sims Limbsaver

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Sims Limbsaver

Postby ratpack » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:07 pm

Thank you for reply Hoot. Wallyworld hooked me for $24.97 +tax. Worth it if for nothing else if you lean gun somewhere in the house or any slippery floor your not as likely to hear that eerie twangboombang of scoped rifle slamming the floor. Hate that!
The spending seems perpetual!!
ratpack

Postby Cutright » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Has anyone tried the barrel dampener that Limbsaver sells? Does that thing do anything?
Cutright

Postby Hoot » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:05 am

Cutright wrote:Has anyone tried the barrel dampener that Limbsaver sells? Does that thing do anything?

I shoot rimfire BR and they do work in varying degrees. Depending upon your rig, they can shave 1/10 inch off of your 50 yd groups. There are also clamshell style metal ones used in some top qualifiers, but that's more of a barrel stiffener than vibration dampener. Many folks have fabricated them from heavy o-rings or gaskets, even a roll of cheap electrical tape. I've never seen one used in a large caliber rifle, but I'm sure that there are testimonials of some out on the web. In theory (see sig), a gas block has some effect along the same lines but I don't know if it's ever been quantified.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Previous

Return to Firearms