Scopes?? Bushnell, Nikon etc....

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Scopes?? Bushnell, Nikon etc....

Postby winman1550 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:29 pm

Wanted to know if anyone has/is using any of the Nikon P or M 223, Active Target models or any of the Bushnell AR series scopes? Application is more for hunting than flinging bullets at paper. Gun is a BM Predator.

Thank you in advance,

Greg
winman1550

Re: Scopes?? Bushnell, Nikon etc....

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:27 pm

winman1550 wrote:Wanted to know if anyone has/is using any of the Nikon P or M 223, Active Target models or any of the Bushnell AR series scopes? Application is more for hunting than flinging bullets at paper. Gun is a BM Predator.

Thank you in advance,

Greg

Not sure if it is a fair parallel, but I swear by my three Nikon Monarch scopes. All three have pulled duty on my 450b at some point in time and they didn't mind the ruckus. Nikon makes a good product regardless of the model line and their warranty was very generous to me the one time I needed it. You know I'm going to tell you about it. ;)

I bought a used 4-12x40 Monarch UCC off of Ebay for $150 shipped, many years ago. Too good a deal to pass up at the time. It was a little beat up when I got it, but looks only count for so much. The image was excellent. I shared it between my G3, FAL and M14 308's for a while, then my 450b and finally my 300 WSSM upper which was a punisher. After several hundred rounds in its final resting place on my 300 WSSM upper one day it would not return to zero reliably. I sent it into Nikon to see if they could refurbish it for whatever it cost me. I got back a brand new 4-16x42SF in its place for free, no questions asked. The note inside said that they did not have parts for the out of production 4-12x40 UCC. I have since bought two more Monarchs, so in a way their good treatment ultimately came back to them. The other two are a pair of 6-24x50SF. If their P or M223 models are as nice as the Monarchs, you won't go wrong. If something does happen their warranty, assuming it hasn't changed, won't leave you hanging. Can't speak to the Bushnell AR series.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Firearms