The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsession.

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsessio

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:28 pm

Al in Mi wrote:
plant_one wrote:nice boomstick 8-)

ive been itching to do a bolt gun for a while now. and i keep leaning toward something in the 6 mm class. last time cabela's had the stupid deal on the 12fv i damn near brought a 6.5 cr home with me, thankfully they didnt have one on the shelf. i dont *need* a new caliber just yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rain check my friend, rain check!!!!!

:lol:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby shooter75 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:37 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:The optics on mine is the Nikon X1000 Black 4-16x50mm 30mm Tube MOA rectical.

I heard those optics are great!!!! I'm looking to get one actually!!!
shooter75

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:23 pm

shooter75 wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:The optics on mine is the Nikon X1000 Black 4-16x50mm 30mm Tube MOA rectical.

I heard those optics are great!!!! I'm looking to get one actually!!!

I’ve got to do some studying up on second focal plane scopes like this. I’ve never used one before.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Colohunter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:07 am

I bought a Savage in Creedmoor for my wife and daughter to use hunting. My 14 YO daughter shot a mule deer doe with it last year. It's a light rifle and she is petite for her age, but has no problems shooting it at the range. I also picked up a Ruger Precision Rifle in the same caliber, but haven't put a good scope on it yet. I shoot a 260 in local long range matches, but decided to use the Creedmoor to get my wife and kids something to be able to shoot along with me at long range.
Colohunter

Postby Zad Fnark » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:43 am

I've picked up a Savage Axis II in Creedmoor. If the snow melts by July, I hope to try it out.

After running all sorts of calcs, I've decided 123 grains is probably the "sweet spot" for bullet weight. (enough BC with a high enough velocity.)
Zad Fnark

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:44 am

Zad Fnark wrote:I've picked up a Savage Axis II in Creedmoor. If the snow melts by July, I hope to try it out.

After running all sorts of calcs, I've decided 123 grains is probably the "sweet spot" for bullet weight. (enough BC with a high enough velocity.)

I really need to get out on the range with mine but haven’t had the time. When I get a day off from my job the weather usually sucks, my energy levels suck or it’s too dang muddy to get back into the range. This Texas winter has been an extremely wet one. And cold too. We are getting a pretty stiff cold front again this weekend and North Texas May even see some ice again. I’m done with this cold wet weather.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:44 am

Zad Fnark wrote:I've picked up a Savage Axis II in Creedmoor. If the snow melts by July, I hope to try it out.

I really need to get out on the range with mine but haven’t had the time. When I get a day off from my job the weather usually sucks, my energy levels suck or it’s too dang muddy to get back into the range. This Texas winter has been an extremely wet one. And cold too. We are getting a pretty stiff cold front again this weekend and North Texas May even see some ice again. I’m done with this cold wet weather.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:43 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:

Oh boo hoo! Ask me about my weather! The only happy people up here are the snow mobiler's. :|
Currently -4 as I write this, We haven't had a winter like this, this century. Close to 4 ft of snow this month and none of it has melted. Running out of places to put it. Driveways look like white box canyons.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Zad Fnark » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:34 am

Yeah, it's getting where I can't see down the street when I get to a corner.
Zad Fnark

Postby Hoot » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:25 am

Zad Fnark wrote:Yeah, it's getting where I can't see down the street when I get to a corner.

What was the deal with that 131 car pileup last Sunday? The local towing company(s) must have been ecstatic over that one. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms