The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsession.

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsession.

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Okay guys. I really like the .264 and the ballistics I can get from my 6.5 Grendel.
But lately, I’ve gotten in the mood for bolt actions. That’s one of the reasons I
Purchased the Ruger American in the 450 Bushmaster.
But then I started reading discussions about the 6.5 Creedmoor and after much procrastination
And hemhawing around, this rascal fell in my lap.
Here’s my Howa 1500 6.5 Creedmoor.
329131E4-00A4-496B-AAD6-94C0B380F3E6.png
1
329131E4-00A4-496B-AAD6-94C0B380F3E6.png (1.55 MiB) Viewed 2514 times
-Texas Sheepdawg
Join us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texas.Sheepdawg.Patriots/
http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
User avatar
Texas Sheepdawg
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am
Location: North Texas

Re: The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsessio

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Buddy has one in a RAR, very accurate with factory hornady.

Someday I'd like to make my mossberg MVP into one!!
Al in Mi
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:24 am

Re: The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsessio

Postby plant_one » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:22 pm

nice boomstick 8-)

ive been itching to do a bolt gun for a while now. and i keep leaning toward something in the 6 mm class. last time cabela's had the stupid deal on the 12fv i damn near brought a 6.5 cr home with me, thankfully they didnt have one on the shelf. i dont *need* a new caliber just yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
plant_one
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: Oakland County, MI

Re: The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsessio

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:49 am

plant_one wrote:nice boomstick 8-)

ive been itching to do a bolt gun for a while now. and i keep leaning toward something in the 6 mm class. last time cabela's had the stupid deal on the 12fv i damn near brought a 6.5 cr home with me, thankfully they didnt have one on the shelf. i dont *need* a new caliber just yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


rain check my friend, rain check!!!!!
Al in Mi
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:24 am

Re: The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsessio

Postby Hoot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:16 am

Now that's a nice looking 6.5 Creedmoor!

If I didn't already have a 260 Rem barrel on one of my Savage Model 12's, I would have gotten a 6.5 CR barrel for it. IMHO, not enough difference to dump one that is already paid for and go with the other, which is not. Also, I have the dies for the 260, that are already paid for.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
User avatar
Hoot
 
Posts: 4070
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsessio

Postby plant_one » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:19 am

Al in Mi wrote:
plant_one wrote:nice boomstick 8-)

ive been itching to do a bolt gun for a while now. and i keep leaning toward something in the 6 mm class. last time cabela's had the stupid deal on the 12fv i damn near brought a 6.5 cr home with me, thankfully they didnt have one on the shelf. i dont *need* a new caliber just yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


rain check my friend, rain check!!!!!



stop that, you're not helping :mrgreen:
User avatar
plant_one
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:58 pm
Location: Oakland County, MI

Re: The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsessio

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:29 am

Hoot wrote:Now that's a nice looking 6.5 Creedmoor!

If I didn't already have a 260 Rem barrel on one of my Savage Model 12's, I would have gotten a 6.5 CR barrel for it. IMHO, not enough difference to dump one that is already paid for and go with the other, which is not. Also, I have the dies for the 260, that are already paid for.

Hoot

I just sold off all my remaining 7mm Rem Mag brass inventory and the 7mm dies and that pretty much paid for my dies and a about 100 pieces of 6.5CR brass. The bullets I already have due to my Grendel sisters. And I’ve got large rifle primers out the wazoo. I’ll miss the 7mm but tbh, I’ll never need that kinda firepower again. Around my killing ground, max shots are gonna fall around 300 yards. My 30-06 can cover that no worries. As will the Grendel’s and the creedmore and even the Thumper.
-Texas Sheepdawg
Join us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texas.Sheepdawg.Patriots/
http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
User avatar
Texas Sheepdawg
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am
Location: North Texas

Re: The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsessio

Postby shooter75 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Congrats on the score! You'll love that caliber, no kick and super accurate. I haven't shot mine in a while but last time I was out i managed to shoot 5 rds @ a .461 moa @ 100 yards out of a semi auto!!! Heres mine, I definitely need to shoot it more, but I've been trying to get my 7mm Mag going again thanks to you!!! :mrgreen:


Image


Image


Image
shooter75
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Re: The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsessio

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:23 pm

That’s a nice looking rifle there! I don’t have a brake on mine. I’m gonna use it primarily for Texas white tails and yotes. And maybe piggies if I ever decide to invest in a dedicated Thermal for it.
-Texas Sheepdawg
Join us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texas.Sheepdawg.Patriots/
http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
User avatar
Texas Sheepdawg
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am
Location: North Texas

Re: The magical 264 caliber 6.5 Creedmoor is my new obsessio

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:27 pm

The optics on mine is the Nikon X1000 Black 4-16x50mm 30mm Tube MOA rectical.
-Texas Sheepdawg
Join us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texas.Sheepdawg.Patriots/
http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
User avatar
Texas Sheepdawg
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am
Location: North Texas

Next

Return to Firearms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests