Black Friday (and Thursday) Savage Model 12

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Black Friday (and Thursday) Savage Model 12

Postby Hoot » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:12 pm

Waiting to see who all came home from Cabelas today or tomorrow with a Savage model 12. Incredible price! I was tempted to add a third to my collection, but held off. It would cost more to put the kind of stock I like on it, than the rifle itself cost. I'm no fan of flexy tupperware stocks.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Black Friday (and Thursday) Savage Model 12

Postby Al in Mi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:51 am

Twas not I who went shopping :cry:

Hoot, I have one of their accustocks on this 45 Raptor, that insert really stiffened things up, been pretty happy with it so far.
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:36 am

Al in Mi wrote:Twas not I who went shopping :cry:

Hoot, I have one of their accustocks on this 45 Raptor, that insert really stiffened things up, been pretty happy with it so far.

Yes, I've read good things about their Accustock. Unfortunately the Model 12 that is on sale, does not have the Accustock, according to the Q&A section. Without going into their specialty models, the Model 12 is their best short action platform. Would make a great recipient for a 450b barrel.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Al in Mi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:45 am

Well bud, you know you want a bolt action 450B ;) so just go do it!!!!!

Fwe more of us chime in and you'll have to bow to peer pressure! :P
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:57 am

Al in Mi wrote:Well bud, you know you want a bolt action 450B ;) so just go do it!!!!!

Fwe more of us chime in and you'll have to bow to peer pressure! :P

Given that I already have two Model 12s that share 5 different caliber barrels, if I were inclined in that direction, I'd already have gotten a barrel for it. Besides, I like my two AR uppers in this caliber. I already have more guns than time to shoot them all. I haven't shot either of my two Model 12s in over 10 years. Hopefully my health and mobility hold up until I retire in 3 years.

Hoot
Hoot

Return to Firearms